What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Langer era: ODI 24-22, T20 24-2-22 Tests 15-5-7

_snafu_

Immortal
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...-on-barrage-of-criticism-20190122-p50sx1.html

The headlines and public discontent are clearly getting to Langer and a loss to Sri Lanka would only sharpen the knives.

“It’s relentless,” he said. “Matty Wade is a good example. I watched him play last night, he played brilliantly well. He’s played fantastic and he’s going great guns in first-class cricket and I feel like giving him a hug. I’ve been in his shoes. It’s really hard. It’s playing out in the media. It’s more my style not to play out things in the media and more to have quiet conversations.

“I think I got a bit grumpy with a journo in Sydney [at a press conference] because he kept hounding me about Maxy’s [Glenn Maxwell's] non-selection in the Australian A tour about 12 months ago. We’re getting completely smashed by some journos and I think I just looked at him, I didn’t say much.

"I’m human, we’re all human. [There are] challenges but I wouldn’t be doing anything different. I’m a very lucky person to be in this privileged position but it is a tough gig."

lol

Langer was talking up Stoinis as being close to test selection today, even used his T20 form to talk him up. Absolutely clueless this bloke.

TheParraboy

Staff member
JL Just chalked up 6th t20 victory with a win vs India in their own backyard last night, can he make it 7 next match?

typicalfan

Coach
Our fielding is so poor. Richardson, Short, Turner, Zampa, Finch. It is almost half the team. Richardson looks 1 million dollars one game and $1.50 the next.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Langers ODI record looking bleek

2-10 after last nights loss to India in the 1st ODI in India
Feeling it will get considerably worse next few matches...

TheParraboy

Staff member
JL wins his first ODI series ,3-2 v India in India

this is on the back of the 2-0 t20 series win over there as well

on a roll the little fella...

Sphagnum

Coach
Langer is like Darren Weir, Danny O'brien, Mark Kavanagh, Peter Moody, Ben Currie and Ben Smith all rolled into one.

TheParraboy

Staff member
after being 2-11

we have won 9 straight ODI, most recent v the might of the Afghans in the WC

11-11 it is