What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

ash the bash

Juniors
They were travelling to see the NRL teams play. Taking UK teams to Vegas won't boost numbers coming from the UK in my opinion as they already see those teams in person. NRL teams though? That's a different story.
Respectfully disagree, a whole heap would come over just to see there team play a game in Vegas. Just the same way I had to be there to watch Souths play in Vegas, not gonna happen every year of my life. The atmosphere was great pre game imagine throwing couple thousand english RL fans. Hopefully with the weather better they can have a proper tailgate next year.

Canard

Immortal
Just an idea...

Triple header in Vegas.

Wigan V Leeds
Warriors V Cowboys
Panthers V Storm

Think you would get 10K poms coming over 20K minimum Oz/NZ thats already half the stadium sold. It could potentially be our first Vegas sellout.
The NRL is interested in only promoting the NRL unfortunately.

Year 2 will be a big test, but Year 3 will be the biggest.

In these tough times, how many Aussies are going to drop 10k+ on a Vegas holiday?

You would think those that already did are unlikely to return.

David Riccio has written an article for today's Daily Telegraph (source: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/e12f54b53089ce7682bcb38afbce0bfa) about who is or isn't going to LV for 2025.

His article states that clubs have until Friday of this week to submit applications to be a part of it in 2025. States that the Bulldogs won't be applying due to the youth of its squad, with them preferring 2026 or 2027. Also says the Titans won't be applying.

Teams expected to submit applications on Friday - Storm, Knights, Raiders, Eels, Sharks, Cowboys, Dolphins, Warriors, and Dragons. Says that the Cowboys only want to go if they are one of the nominal "away" teams. The four clubs that went this year are unlikely to be considered by the NRL.

Penrith are one of the front runners to go, and the Storm have apparently indicated they would be happy to be the away team against the Panthers. Also reckons the NRL would be "apprehensive about handing a ticket to clubs that have struggled in recent years" citing the Tigers, Dragons and Titans.

Canard

Immortal
Penrith are one of the front runners to go, and the Storm have apparently indicated they would be happy to be the away team against the Panthers. Also reckons the NRL would be "apprehensive about handing a ticket to clubs that have struggled in recent years" citing the Tigers, Dragons and Titans.
Pretty weird, given Manly got a gig then.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They were travelling to see the NRL teams play. Taking UK teams to Vegas won't boost numbers coming from the UK in my opinion as they already see those teams in person. NRL teams though? That's a different story.
Disagree, you'll get a lot more fans from the two SL teams playing than neutrals who just went as it was an excuse to see some NRL in a fun location.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The NRL is interested in only promoting the NRL unfortunately.

Year 2 will be a big test, but Year 3 will be the biggest.

In these tough times, how many Aussies are going to drop 10k+ on a Vegas holiday?

You would think those that already did are unlikely to return.
It'll be interesting to see. Will tell us as the years go by how many fans who go go because its their teams playing and how many were just neutrals who its a one and done holiday.
Id probably be adding SL to Yr3 when the Australian travelling fans will likely be dropping off to give it a bot of a crowd boost.

shewi6

Juniors
The line up I would like to see for next year is penrith v dolphins and cronulla v warriors.

Penrith home game due to stadium redevelopment and sharks home game so there is one less game at their dump.
Both those games on their own in australia probably get less than 30k so should be a net positive with atleast 40k.

Keep the spread with some qld and nsw teams plus a nz team to get the most travelling fans possible.

Not sure if sharks are applying this year but it would make sense to go and strengthen their brand there and work with the investment fund benefactor that gave them 5 million just because he was a fan.

"If someone had told me a couple of months ago that I’d have friends in the small American town I live in asking me about how they could get their hands on a Raiders jersey, about how the Penrith Panthers were able to create a dynasty with a father-son coach duo – “dude how is that even legal” – or telling me about how electric they found Tom Trbojevic and James Tedesco to be I would have called you insane.
"The simple fact that I, on a regular basis, see friends of mine watching NRL highlights is evidence enough that NRL Las Vegas has brought at least some people to the game.
"Continuing the NRL Las Vegas will do wonders, but I also think holding NRL nines tournaments or international tests could do wonders, especially on the West Coast which has a decent Pasifika population."

Interesting.