What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Lyon saga.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Did anyone see the little side comment by Killer after his match with Wee Waa??....like not rulling out a return to us, whatever Smith does!!

Also as mentioned last week I e-mailed Damien Kelly regarding Lyon and the sallery cap, and he's reply was it's up to the NRL...whether it would be includud or not.

I don't really know what to make of it.

mickdo

Coach
I wasn't sure about that quote, which was actually... "Lyon, who walked out on Parramatta earlier this season, also revealed he had not ruled rejoining the Eels."
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,9767069-23214,00.html

Now that is a typo either way, and is either 'not ruled out' or 'not rued'. Personally I think it would have been not rued rejoining the Eels, and I don't think he will be back.

Eelectrica

Referee
The salary cap rules weren't designed with this situation in mind, so the NRL doesn't have a clue on how to deal with it. The NRL would be just as hopeful as us that Lyon returns to play for Parra so they don't have to make a decision.

When he regains fitness and shakes off the cobwebs I think he will look for the challenge of playing in the NRL again and rejoin us.

Eels Dude

Coach
Once again he said a fallout with Smith did not happen. If wish some of those in the media would come to the conclusion that there was no fallout rather then look like fools for continuing to persevere with something which has no proof.

Adam Spadam

Juniors
true eels dude....the best thing we can do is ignore fools like Hadley who have nothing better to do then make up stories without any proof

yy_cheng

Coach
"FORMER Test centre Jamie Lyon made his return to rugby league yesterday, scoring a try and kicking five goals for the Wee Waa Panthers."

Kicked 5 GOALS !!! I didn't know he even could kick.

The Colonel

Immortal
Kicked quite a few in his early days in PL and in the lower grades - quite an accomplished kicker.

strider

Post Whore
I believe the letter to Parra from Lyon DID say he had a problem with playing for a Brian Smith coached side - the Roy Masters interview with Smithy referred to it (no quotes or anything), hence Smithy believes it was there (I assume he has seen the letter), so I can only assume it really was in the letter.

H*dley has an axe to grind, but I now believe the letter exists as he has said it does....the real issues are:

1) Did Jamie mean what was in the letter?; did he write it or did he just sign it?; if he doesn't mean it then what is the motive for it?

2) How did H*dley come to have knowledge of what was in the letter? - can anyone say "Manly"? - maybe a bit of sly work going on here?; Fitzy won't tell him stuff, he just never comments which means the answer is obvious.

Eels Dude

Coach
strider said:
1) Did Jamie mean what was in the letter?; did he write it or did he just sign it?; if he doesn't mean it then what is the motive for it?

2) How did H*dley come to have knowledge of what was in the letter? - can anyone say "Manly"? - maybe a bit of sly work going on here?; Fitzy won't tell him stuff, he just never comments which means the answer is obvious.

1) Perhaps Jamie thought that if he offered a proper excuse, such as having a problem with Smith's coaching, then he was more likely to get a release from the club. They wouldn't want something like that to go public

2) Hadley is making it up, he won't say who is source is so I doubt it's a legitimate one. Fitzy would have been sure to keep the letter confidential. I still think the letter Hadley got was a hoax by someone in the Manly club, or possibly someone else with a vendetta against Brian Smith. Or perhaps Hadley didn't get a letter at all, he just heard there was one from Fizty and made up its contents.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hadley has become an obsessed Manly fan over night!! he works with 2 blokes who are involved with the club.

strider

Post Whore
H*dley does not have the letter - if he did he'd read it on air......he's been told of its contents by someone.

I don't think it'd be Fitzy or anyone on hte Parra board....it'd be either Lyon's manager; Jamie himself; or someone at Manly - in which case someone gave Manly a copy (Jamie or his manager).

Eels Dude

Coach
Jamie's manager claims to not know anything about the letter so I doubt it was him. I can't see why Jamie himself would give Hadley a letter, or anyone at the Manly club either. If Hadley doesn't say where he got it from I think we should assume it's fake.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eels Dude said:
Jamie's manager claims to not know anything about the letter so I doubt it was him. I can't see why Jamie himself would give Hadley a letter, or anyone at the Manly club either. If Hadley doesn't say where he got it from I think we should assume it's fake.

Mate it's very simple, if you think about it.

Bob Fulton [Manly legend] + Steve Roach [ assistant coach] + Noal Cleal [Manly recruitment officer] = Ray Hadley's agenda!

You don't have to be einstein to work it out.

Eels Dude

Coach
Don't forget his endless hatred of Brian Smith. He'll present any rumour as a fact just to give him a bagging.

strider

Post Whore
Noel Cleal is still saying he's in contact with Jamie, being his mate.....maybe Jamie's shown the letter to Crusher and he's told others.

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
Noel Cleal is still saying he's in contact with Jamie, being his mate.....maybe Jamie's shown the letter to Crusher and he's told others.

*edit - speculation* I also wouldn't trust Peter Peters as far as I can throw him! their all in on it!!!

strider

Post Whore
I heard that Jamie got his Parramatta letter and his Christmas request letter to Santa mixed up....anyway, to cut a long story short, rumour is Santa is a mad Sea Eagles supporter and the rest is history.

*edit - speculation - Santa supports the red and whites*

parralight

Juniors
Look it all says that Jamie is a very mixed up LITTLE boy.
he just needs to grow up a bit. I think he will regret leaving the eels.

How about we just forget Jamie and move on ... how well did Ben Smith play on the weekend ?