What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The mandatory 'what now?' Thread.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
It's pretty obvious you need an annual 2nd level tournament, one each in SH and NH. The equivalent of 6 nations and rugby championship in union. Staging ground for world cups. League sorely needs more competitive teams in the NH.

Wales, France, Ireland, England, (Lebanon?) in the north
Aus, NZ, Tonga, Fiji, PNG, Samoa in the south

You are right - a full strength Lebanon provides a bit more quality in the European Cup. I think if England played at full strength in the tournament it could encourage the other nations to do the same. The only problem with the European Cup could be an annual tournament though is that England would never get to play Australia or New Zealand regularly enough which is what they need.

The best answer to this that I've read on this site is probably an England seconds side but playing as the test side. The competition with a full strength Lebanon, France, Ireland and Wales could be pretty entertaining. England could then have it's top squad playing against Australia and New Zealand. It's complicated but a solution for our game at the stage of development that it is at. As the other Euro nations strengthen, it will force England to field better and better sides.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What now?

More internationals, particularly with the Pacific sides. They've created so much interest over the years and one of them are potentially going to be a tier 1 nations in the near future.

Its disappointing that Australia will only play 1 test yet again next. I understand player welfare and burnout, but Id be happy if they play another one. But it will be interesting in 2019 as I do believe we're playing the Poms in a 3 test series.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
What now?

More internationals, particularly with the Pacific sides. They've created so much interest over the years and one of them are potentially going to be a tier 1 nations in the near future.

Its disappointing that Australia will only play 1 test yet again next. I understand player welfare and burnout, but Id be happy if they play another one. But it will be interesting in 2019 as I do believe we're playing the Poms in a 3 test series.

The only hope we have of a fourth teir 1 nation in the next 10 to 20 years are France, PNG or Wales (Canada and the USA at a stretch). New Zealand is even borderline now if you consider the state of their finances and the NZRL domestic league.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
They can start by taking down old signage. Bit a dodgy look. Saw a huge billboard in Canberra this weekend advertising the Canberra matches which were played weeks ago. What's worse... Josh Papalii in a Kangaroos jersey smack bang in the middle of the sign.

Took a photo but not sure how to upload.

Burns

First Grade
I saw that on the weekend as well! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, Papalii in the Kangaroos jersery