What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Manly C*nnection

f**k off the lot of you, squibbed the game up

I'd rather have Michael Erickson on the wing instead of Williams. Useless mong. Lyon continues to be an absolute toad at origin level.

f**k me

Tommax25

Bench
f**k off the lot of you, squibbed the game up

I'd rather have Michael Erickson on the wing instead of Williams. Useless mong. Lyon continues to be an absolute toad at origin level.

f**k me

He tried to warn you. He didnt want to play but the selectors/bellamy forced him essentially. Would choosing cooper have been such a bad option Daley and co that you just had to have someone who didnt want to be there?

edabomb

First Grade
He tried to warn you. He didnt want to play but the selectors/bellamy forced him essentially. Would choosing cooper have been such a bad option Daley and co that you just had to have someone who didnt want to be there?

Yup and then NSW argue that they are as passionate, classic :lol:

Hanscholo

Bench
A bit harsh...Williams was horrible, no doubt. Lyon was ok to avg. Stewart had a blinder, in particular compared with the rest of the forwards. He and O'donnell aimed up, the rest played volleyball.

bboy_insane

Juniors
Watmough was the best of them.

I don't know how Kite is always picked for rep footy though.

Williams had a SHOCKER, maybe he was nervous?

Stewart and Watmough especially did well up front.

t-ba

Post Whore
Stewart did his job. Watmough was dynamite. As he matures he's becoming a big game player. Kite has been competent but is a shadow of his club self. Lyon DOES NOT WANT TO BE THERE, and I'm still flummoxed as to why Williams got selected.

Give Watmough a jersey for life.

clipser

Juniors
Williams did have a shocker, Stewart dropped the pill a few times but got solid metres and did good.

Watmough deserved to be there, and showed it.

abrichta

Juniors
I actually thought that the Manly contingent played quite well.

Watmough was probably the best forward out there, followed by Stewart.

Lyon was very good in defence and attack, apart from the one over the sideline.

Apart from Hayne the Lyon and Williams combo was the only one making any breaks along with the help of Stewart.

Williams was terrible with 3 mistakes, but showed quality in his try.

Kite was very quiet, disappointing one.

Patsy

Juniors
watmough was best on ground in a losing side
kite never got a chance but did well while on
stewart was great in defence but gets lost - he needs to build up combination
lyon was good i thought - most potent centre we had besides his sideline brain explosion
williams had a very bad debut but i doubt he would do that again - i say stick with him rather than pick another origin rookie

what about

creagy 2/3 drop balls
poore - pathetic defence
o'donnell - 2/3 drop balls and brain explosion cost penalty
gallen -drop ball and pathetic line defence for qld first try
wallace - no idea - why don't i kick to the best aerial person in the nrl in falou
farah - great ball to lockyer and poor service
monagahan - was he even out there

Wotmough was the best forward by a frickin mile in the second half and should be given a jersy for the next 3 years. Williams and kite to never play origin again, stewart was ok.

t-ba

Post Whore
e-Tag has come a long way since then. Still incosistent as f**k, but getting better.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Watmough was the best forward out there. Period. Put on quite a few big hits and was determined when running the ball.

You're an idiot.

Williams scored a very good try, despite the earlier mistakes (don't forget Crocker dropped three balls, as well as Cam Smith and Johnson I think?) he had a solid game. He isn't Steve Turner yet and I would be surprised if he wasn't selected for G3.

Lyon was the only guy who could effectively tackle GI whilst he was on the field, not to mention dominating his opposite whenever he had the ball and in defence.

Kite didn't get enough minutes, but was more effective than Poore.

I think the Manly boys collectively played better than that of the Dragons. Well done lads.

CGD

Juniors
Why is Stewart getting any praise? He knocked on 3 times, did he not? It was definitely at least twice. Did stuff all else.

Latest posts