What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The McIntrye System.

strider

Post Whore
Tyler Durden said:
the other nice little quirk about the mcintyre system is that it is possible for ANY combination of the final 8 to make up the grand final, depending on what happens in the first week.

1v2, 2v6, 4v2, 5v7, 4v8, 3v6.... and if the planets are all aligned in a certain way... a grand final showdown 7v8.
tbh i don't really care about that at all :lol: :lol: ..... what does it matter? ..... finals r finals - they all played eachother already and sorted out the good from the bad .... u should have a bit of a reward for being better in the regular season - that far outweights the joy of maybe having a 7v8 GF for me :lol:

RalthFilthy

Juniors
strider said:
tbh i don't really care about that at all :lol: :lol: ..... what does it matter? ..... finals r finals - they all played eachother already and sorted out the good from the bad .... u should have a bit of a reward for being better in the regular season - that far outweights the joy of maybe having a 7v8 GF for me :lol:

I agree, who cares about the 'anyone v anyone' thing, with 8th playing 1st and getting bundled out every year It's a pointless argument anyway.

Eelectrica

Referee
8th deserves to be ritually slaughtered by team 1.

If they're good enough to win or at least put up a fight like we were last year then that's good too.
Broncos were just unlucky all their injuries happened now and they couldn't get anyone back.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Bigfella said:
One difference between the two sports though is that afl don't have the demands from a rep season which can significantly impact on clubs' ability to make the top 4.

Next year the State of Origin is back in the AFL. Also the AFL has a preseason tournament as well. They play at least teh same, if not more games. Plus AFL games go longer than a league match!

TheParraboy

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Next year the State of Origin is back in the AFL. Also the AFL has a preseason tournament as well. They play at least teh same, if not more games. Plus AFL games go longer than a league match!

league is more of a brutal sport, the body gets a good going over a lot moreso

I dont see AFL having anywhere the same amount of injured players as RL

lockyno1

Post Whore
TheParraboy said:

Injury rates are almost identical to be dead honest. Depends on each year. This year was the worst in recent history for league. But a average NRL and a average AFL season have the same injury rates, give and take. There are more serious injuries preseason in AFL for some stupid reason (no idea why).

sportive cupid

Referee
TheParraboy said:

AFL is a more active sport.AFL players are running/jumping the full game(which I understand is longer than a League game

strider

Post Whore
the quarters are officially only 20 mins - but time is stopped when the ball goes out of play, so they are out there longer (25-30 mins each quarter) .... but then there can also be more standing around not doing too much depending on where you play/what tactics the team uses

afl is a very athletic game and i think players are probably fitter and more skillful .... but rugby league is more taxing on the body .... one of the key concepts of league is to hammer your opponent - that can also happen in afl, but the rules of hte game make it happen less

I believe it would be harder to back up week after week being belted by tough defence than to have just been running around alot occaisionally being tackled

Latest posts