What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mighty Eels! My thoughts v Meboring

Misty Bee

First Grade
Gee it's nice to see the forwards make Hindy look average. To a man, they all played as they should have. Hindy's 52 tackles was a major conytribution, but Vella was awesome - our leading ground maker. Hopkins has shown how good he can be - a great try at the end was a just reward. Pearson played his left olfatory off. And Moi Moi off the bench was wonderful!

Parra played to their capacity, esp in the first half, with 17/17 completions, and ending up with 32/38. Gotta give the team, and Smithy a wrap. We always knew you had it in you. Pity it is about 3 months too late!

If only we had a kicking game!!!!! Field possy was a problem, and Thorman and Hopkins couldn't do it. Thorman, with the game going Parra's way and his forwards firing, found confidence in the second half. He has a great short ball, and a neat grubber. Has someone not f**cked aroud with the halves and given him clear opportunities to settle in, he may have reached that stage earlier. IN the end, it was class that beat us - ie Hill and Orford. In that respect, geez we missed Dykes.

And finally, apart from Moi Moi and Jack Affa kicking arse, gotta give a big wrap to Ben Smith (love to see him in full stride - he's huuge), and Mateo. Both justified all the wraps the reggie watchers gave 'em.

Watching the club play like that has made me more excited about next year. Melbourne are a real premiership threat -their forwards were outstanding in defence - and they flogged us earlier. We need consistency from the word go in 2005, and the determination we saw last night. The injection of Stringer, Ridell, Morrison and Tahu on to that paddock tonight would have been a sight to behold.

The Smith lovers will be unbearable this week, and Smithy will probably be signed up until 2066. They's all have amnesia of the last 2.5 years!

Anyway, for the 17 that represented us tonight, well done! Keep it up!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Thorman is getting better each game, that's a great sign, Witt wouldn't of been able to do what Thorman provided for us tonight.

THORMAN SHOULD BE RESIGNED!!!!!!!!!!

Misty Bee said:
Anyway, for the 17 that represented us tonight, well done! Keep it up!!!

I've another post about it but I wouldn't include Graham in that...no involvement and should be made to walk back to Parra.

Here's one for the stat lovers, at one stage we had completed 21 of 22 sets but spent 62% of the time in our half.

HELLO!!!!!!

parra_princess

Juniors
Good onya Misty. And it's good to see there is positives. Even if we can't make the finals I just hope we can finish the year showing some encouraging signs for next year i'll be satisfied.

Eels Dude

Coach
Good wrap up, at least the guys tried hard tonight and nearly caused an upset. We'll be tough to beat on home soil next week.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty i'm just as seeing Parra next year as i am with the news that Ronnie J Dio & Ritchie are teaming up again to tour :mrgreen:

Parraren

Bench
Brian Smith needs to get the bloody short kick off's the F@ck out of our game :evil: We turned over cheap field position 3 times using this pathetic strategy in the first half :evil:

Other than that, yes I agree with Misty's sentiments...

strider

Post Whore
I don't think I'd mind the odd short kick off.....but to do them from the start of the game #-o ....we'd seriously be better off booting it as deep as possible and hoping for an error from them early to get them rattled.

But on the other hand, had we regathered the ball and put on an early try we'd be loving them :roll:

Parraren

Bench
strider said:
I don't think I'd mind the odd short kick off.....but to do them from the start of the game #-o ....we'd seriously be better off booting it as deep as possible and hoping for an error from them early to get them rattled.

But on the other hand, had we regathered the ball and put on an early try we'd be loving them :roll:

Strider it's just a silly play that only ever comes off 1 in 5 times if at all. We should be playing the percentages. We couldn't get out of our own half in the first 40 and yet we continually tried the short kick off turning over cheap field position and making things even harder for ourselves. It's a stupid play, plain and simple. It needs to be cut out of our game.

strider

Post Whore
Incase you didn't read it properly, I actually agreed with you....I don't like the frequency of us doing them and if done at all, don't do them from the start of the game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Getting my first look at Ben Smith and Feliti Mateo, was good

its funny how som ppl onky have to hit the ball up a few times and make a few tackles, and you can se that there is class in what they do

I'm impressed, and would like to see more of them

The Colonel

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
Thorman is getting better each game, that's a great sign, Witt wouldn't of been able to do what Thorman provided for us tonight.

THORMAN SHOULD BE RESIGNED!!!!!!!!!!

Racing up out of the line, letting the hooker and centre kick the ball on the last tackle and dropping off in defence. I'd hope Witt wouldn't do that. Thorman played ok in patches and his passing game was good however he went missing for a lot of the game when he should have taken over.

That said give him some more time and we'll see. At this stage I still think he is the no 2 behind Witt and is more suited a position wider or at hooker.

As for the drop goal 45 out - percentage football with the fullback as far back as what he was would have been better.

fish eel

Immortal
don't think I'd mind the odd short kick off.....but to do them from the start of the game

Was it Melbourne in 2002 when we kept trying these weird kick offs....short, hard into the ground trying to find touch??

Didn't see the game but am excited about seeing Mateo back up again this week.

Whenever that kid has tried to do something in premier league, its had classed stamped all over it. Some aspects of his play really remind me of Jimmy Dymock.

Hopefully, before the years end, we'll see Ben Smith in full stride. For those that haven't seen him in premier league, its a terrific thing to see.

Latest posts