What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morris Twins Clash

Tim Barrow, Illawarra Mercury | November 20, 2008 - 4:21PM

BULLDOGS recruit Josh Morris has been at the club only three weeks, but the mind games and sledging with twin brother Brett have already begun.
Morris is one of the Bulldogs' star signings, along with workhorse Brisbane prop Ben Hannant, Broncos hooker Michael Ennis and veteran halfback Brett Kimmorley.
Having played alongside Brett throughout his junior days at Kiama before signing with St George Illawarra in 2005, next year's NRL season will be the first time the close-knit brothers will go head-to-head.
"Yeah, there's been a fair bit said already," Josh said yesterday.
"Now we've started to get back into pre-season training we've had a few words.
"It's going to be very interesting when we play each other and I'm looking forward to going out there and smashing him."
The first chance the Morris boys will have to square off will be in the Mercury Challenge pre-season clash between St George Illawarra and the Bulldogs at WIN Stadium on February 21.
While bragging rights over Brett and his former Dragons team-mates will be one incentive, Josh yesterday revealed the Bulldogs' biggest motivation was the prospect of a round one showdown with premiers Manly next season.
Manly became the new competition benchmark after their 40-0 thrashing of Melbourne in the grand final.
The Bulldogs, under new coach Kevin Moore, have been back at training for the past three weeks, involving rigorous boxing, gym and swimming sessions.
Rebuilding after a horrific year which saw them finish with the wooden spoon, Morris said the chance for the Bulldogs to tackle the Sea Eagles in the season opener was spurring on the players.
"If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best," Morris said yesterday.
"Everyone at the club has forgotten about what happened this year and (are) just looking forward.
"And playing Manly first-up next year is going to be a very big game."
After an outstanding season for the Dragons, Morris yesterday revealed he was likely to start at his preferred left centre position with the Bulldogs.
Morris said he had held discussions with Moore about his playing role.
"We've had a couple of talks and he's kind of indicated that left centre might be the position he has in mind for me," he said.
"But whether it's on the right or left I'm just enjoying the fresh start and my chance at the Dogs."

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news...770625822.html

I hope Josh Morris switches jerseys throughout the game, he jumps in a scrum superman like and scores a try for us, one final hooorah..

After an outstanding season for the Dragons, Morris yesterday revealed he was likely to start at his preferred left centre position with the Bulldogs.

Outstanding 2nd half of the season perhaps.

Best of luck with the Dirty Dawgs.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Its still farkin sacrilege to see a Morris in a Dogs jumper.

Although I'm sure he'll support his boy 100%, it must break Slipperies heart.

Hope B Moz doesn't follow suit.

Jasdragon

Juniors
Don't forget when J.Morris dropped the ball into a doggies players had at win to lose us the game!

petetheileet

First Grade
I was in the southern stand for that game...right where that happened and right where SBW stole that ball to score!

WITH 3 DOGGIES MATES!!!!!