What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most bizarre thing ever.

woodgers

Bench
People will say I am a liar. I don't care. I swear on my Mum's life.

I work in the city in Canberra. Our plumbing is bust and the toilets are out of order. This is the first time this has ever happened. Therefore anyone wanting to use the toilets needs to go to one of our departments other building across the road.

This morning I looked for my England shirt to wear for casual Friday. It was wet so I wore my Raiders polo a day early.

I had to go to take a quick slash, so I grabbed my jumper and strolled over the road. I walked outside and it is bitter in Canberra here today, and starting to spit, however I am a proud fan so I decided just to carry the jumper and show my colours.

I am walking along the footpath and I see this lanky figure coming towards me in a hat. I had a second look. It was Joel Monaghan walking right up to me.

He stops and asks how I am going and all the formalities. I then asked the obvious "When will you be annoucing your decision"? to which he replied "Sunday". I went on to inform him the amount of public servant hours he has wasted while I check the various websites regarding his signing. I asked if he could indicate which way he would go to which he said he still didn't know however "Now that Rubes has gone.....". He then changed the subject and asked if I was going to the game tomorrow. I finished up by saying something very regretful. I said " No matter what you decide I will always support you, just like your brother" :roll: Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Of the millions of things I could have said, I came out with that!

So people. Stop stressing. He is in Canberra and he will announce a decision on Sunday. This can only be a good thing as now the Raiders have time to up his offer because Ruben is gone and at the after match function everyone will plead with him to stay.

I am still pinching myself. I see those guys after every home game so I talk to them all the time and it is not a big deal. The fact the probably the biggest sports story in Canberra/Rugby League at the moment and I happen to run into the guy and have a chat spun me out. I have religiously been checking websites for the whole of this week every 5 minutes and he has us fans nervous as. Also, the chain of events to allow me to have the chat was just plain bizarre.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i would of told him to pull his head in, deflate the ego and told him that 250 is alot more than im f**king earning

then id give him a tripple and hope i knocked some sence into him
then told him about my voodoo brett finch doll :lol:

thickos

First Grade
:clap: Good stuff woodgers. I wonder if Joel will deliberately avoid the post-match, given everyone is likely to be on his case regarding his decision?? :?:

woodgers

Bench
I had one of those moments like I had during the Origin on Wednesday.

When we went to Gosford we went to a nightclub and Michael Crocker was there. There was much debate and joking as to whether I should put one on his chin. After watching him fight O'Meley on Wednesday I reckon I would have gone O.K. Once again....Hindsight.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: :lol:
geez mate, you missed a good oppertunity there
the way crocker was throwing them i'd back you in too ;-)

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Man, shoulda told him to hold out til season's end (when we will have won the premiership :shock: ) and then make the decision.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Should've introduced him to your fists, tell him if he moves it won't be the first time he'll see them coming at 100 mph :evil:

t-ba

Post Whore
Mal Meninga said:
Should've introduced him to your fists, tell him if he moves it won't be the first time he'll see them coming at 100 mph :evil:

That's a guaranteed way of making him stay :lol: .

This must be impossible for Joel. You've got the Games best side, Your home town and the side your brother is captaining chasing your signature...

Martini

Juniors
I don't think much of Crocker when he doesn't play for QLD.. but are you guys joking? Like any of O'Meathead's punches were connecting.. Crocker's a champ in maroon!