What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most costly big game f*ck ups and near misses!

Crusher

Coach
What big game f*ck ups can you recall?

- Benny hits the cross vs Canberra in '89
- Mundine doesn't pass the ball vs Melbourne in '99
- Steve Mavin vs Canberra!
- Ref missing Laurie Daly's crappy play the ball leading to the Chika ferguson try in '89.
- 7th tackle try by Canterbury vs Manly in 1995
- Mick Cronin missing a last minute penalty vs canterbury in '84?
- The Storm saga

The list goes on

The one that sticks out in my mind most is the Broncos letting that semi slip against Melbourne when I can't remember who knocked on near their goal line and Melbourne spread it wide and scored in the last seconds.

It wasn't that big a game, but Andrew Gee tapping the ball incorrectly against the Roosters and costing the Broncos the game right at the death.

Paul Carige's 'performance' for the Eels against the Bulldogs in the 1998 Preliminary Final

Parramatta not contesting the bomb v Inglis last year

Parramatta failing to score a point against the Cowboys in the 2005 preliminary finals

Just insert 'Parramatta' into big game f**k up and the memories come pouring out

When you run out of them then insert 'Saint Merge' for the next lot

junior009

Juniors
Not contesting the bomb that Inglis scored off is probably the biggest in that I'm certain we'd have won that game if that didn't happen.

Bman26

Juniors
Scott Hill threw a couple of intercepts in 2005 when the Cows beat the Storm. Cows went on to make the GF and lost to the Tigers who had not beaten the Storm that year. Long bow to draw but still pretty big.

Steve Bell getting held up twice by one defender in a semi-final against the dogs (2003 i think? the one where the dogs won 30-0 vs the storm)

Smiley

Bench
The one that sticks out in my mind most is the Broncos letting that semi slip against Melbourne when I can't remember who knocked on near their goal line and Melbourne spread it wide and scored in the last seconds.

It was Ashton Sims but the Storm having an illegal side didn't help.

Eels Dude

Coach
Paul Carige in "that" game.
Terry Lamb's field goal when down by 2
Chris Walker dropping the ball over the line after celebrating too quckly after a length of the field break
Souths knocking on on their own tryline with 5 seconds to go after being poised to beat Brisbane for the first time in 10 years only for them to pounce on the ball and score to win the game

Jason Bulgarelli dropping the ball in goal in the 2003 semi against the Warriors - which the Raiders then lost 17-16.

Raiders fans remember this clearly because 2003 was the last time we were serious contenders.:(