What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Moylan for 1st grade thread

franklin2323

Immortal
Well again 1st grade struggles for any type of spark. While Moylan stars. 4 trysavers on breakaways. 2 try assists & was a general nuisance.

He has re-signed so play him next week

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Just checked Vaipuna Tia Kilifi's stats, absolutely outstanding! He got Players Player. Could he be the line breaking second rower we desperately need?

Moylan is a class player. With Gordon and Coote out it is a perfect chance to blood him.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes he was outstanding. His try was great speed, He got a short ball of Moylan on the 50m line & scorched them. Went in the corner dragging a couple over.

Did a couple of smart offloads & good runs

Panther_Brendo

Juniors
We have such great depth in the fullback position:

Gordon, Coote and now we have another great talent in Moylan.

Where did you here that he has re-signed franklin2323?

age.s

First Grade
AFAIR, you were pretty vocal about the limmo being in the "Worst player in first grade thread"

Purts is better.

Simmo's a reasonable winger, but he's an absolutely woeful fullback. No speed, runs the ball back timidly, shaky hands when the ball is bouncing, bad positioning, never gets to the kick on the full, even his trademark safety under the high ball seems to have deserted him. He seems ok supporting play on occassion but everything else is heart in mouth stuff. He just doesn't look comfortable back there. Pretty normal to have a player look much worse in a position they're not acustomed to.

So I stand by Simmo not being the worst player in the league, as long as he plays Wing which he has for most of the year ;)

murraymob

Coach
i agree with age a good winger .But simmons is woefull as a fullback.I would put fibro in fullback before simmons

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I hear ya, I watched him for his 100 odd games.

We prefered him to Merritt, how wrong can you get it.

We had blokes in our forum saying he was better than Inglis, should be centre or fullback, wasted on the wing.

They woke up.

Jennings would make Purts look good.

Fibroman

First Grade
Too many fullbacks these days because young blokes don't know how to tackle, so they hide them in the #1 jumper.

franklin2323

Immortal
Bump. The only NSW residents player not to play NRL. Scored the 1st try. Was the players player for the game. Surely deserves a run

PinkPanther

Juniors
Next year our only chance to play him would be to replace him with Etu Uasiale. Unless Coote or anyone else is playing woeful.
1. Coote
2. Moylan
3. Jennings
4. Whare
5. Mansour

Spitty

Juniors
Being IC played Coote at 5/8 and Arana at Fullback for the last 15 min against the Bunnies, there's a fair chance he's thinking of another fullback option.

With the 2nd tier salary cap issues and Flash back soonish I reckon Moylan will have to wait for next year. But if the Coote to 5/8 experiment is a winner, Moylan may find himself in the top 25 and a regular FGder at fullback.

franklin2323

Immortal
Being IC played Coote at 5/8 and Arana at Fullback for the last 15 min against the Bunnies, there's a fair chance he's thinking of another fullback option.

With the 2nd tier salary cap issues and Flash back soonish I reckon Moylan will have to wait for next year. But if the Coote to 5/8 experiment is a winner, Moylan may find himself in the top 25 and a regular FGder at fullback.

We signed Shackleton so must have some 2nd tier space now

Kilkenny

Coach
Just read he fractured a cheekbone in todays game.

Wasn't a happy afternoon overall for Matty. Dropped a bomb under no pressure which led to first try of the afternoon although did some good work in setting up Arana Taumata for our first try. Didn't return for second half obviously having sustaing a knock to the eye/face. Didn't see incident although hard to see anything at Lidcombe Oval. Hard to believe they used to use this ground to play first grade in the old days. Went there myself as a kid, but truly a terrible venue.

murraymob

Coach
Bad timing for moylan as with a few signings next year several of them can play fullback.Will be interesting to see where he fits in