What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Moylan for 1st grade thread

franklin2323

Immortal
Was great to see and thankfully the opportunity came early in the season as the spot should be his going forward. It's been long overdue. It is great to have a proper fullback.

Interesting to hear after the game that he doesn't mind playing in the halves. I know he did a lot of that in the juniors and also for under 20's. Maybe that's the solution to the problem of "Where to fit in Keiran Moss" going forward. 6. Soward, 7. Moylan ?

Moss like Moylan never makes a mistake. If we have no Kingston with Seg starting and Austin at lock those halves work. ATM we need the extra ball player in 1.

age.s

First Grade
He looked to be pretty solid bringing the ball back when you consider his size but he is very small. If he does put on a few kilos he could have a damaging running game on top of his ball skills but others who have seen more of him would know better.

Awesome debut. As others have said his skills stand out more given he adds what we've been lacking in our halves for ages.

chrisD

Coach
He just needs to learn to cat it to the ground for a fast play the ball like Barba and Slater.

Big Mick

Referee
Moss like Moylan never makes a mistake. If we have no Kingston with Seg starting and Austin at lock those halves work. ATM we need the extra ball player in 1.

Not to nitpick but his mistake on the goal line resulted in our loss for Windsor last weekend. :p But overall he was fantastic.

I'd love to see 1. Moss, 6. Soward, 7. Moylan, 9. Segeyaro, 13. Austin with Taylor into backrow and Lewis Brown off the bench if we decide to move Walsh on at the end of the season.

Sime_11

Juniors
reminds me of a young coote in FG only better. coote was small before he put weight on.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not to nitpick but his mistake on the goal line resulted in our loss for Windsor last weekend. :p But overall he was fantastic.

I'd love to see 1. Moss, 6. Soward, 7. Moylan, 9. Segeyaro, 13. Austin with Taylor into backrow and Lewis Brown off the bench if we decide to move Walsh on at the end of the season.

That was John not Moss. Yeah that side works we have options if a half has an off game. Foster and Moseley can play hooker if needed

The Realist

Juniors

YES YES AND YES. Moylans future is in the halves. He reminds me of Coote, Small and not fast enough to compensate, but great skills.

Austin also needs to be our long term lock or at the very least a utility until he can learn to handle the grind of 1st Grade.

The future is looking quite dicey for Coote even though I would have preferred to develop him ahead of getting Soward. With guys like Moss and DWZ coming through and a load of outside backs that with training would make better fullbacks (Roberts)....his asking rate will definitely be coming down at the end of his current contract. That can only be good for us.

YES YES AND YES. Moylans future is in the halves. He reminds me of Coote, Small and not fast enough to compensate, but great skills.

Austin also needs to be our long term lock or at the very least a utility until he can learn to handle the grind of 1st Grade.

The future is looking quite dicey for Coote even though I would have preferred to develop him ahead of getting Soward. With guys like Moss and DWZ coming through and a load of outside backs that with training would make better fullbacks (Roberts)....his asking rate will definitely be coming down at the end of his current contract. That can only be good for us.

Moylan looked faster than coote to me.

I agree , coote is in some trouble. The injury was terrible timing for him.

panthersam

Juniors
I can't see the need for Coote to be resigned, unless they are going to train him to take over Kingston's role so that Seg's can continue being an impact player then he needs to be moved on.

chrisD

Coach
I too thought it worth trying him in the 9 but don't think it will happen, someone somewhere (ESL) will still be stuck in 2010 and sign him on money we won't care to match to go and play fb.

Iafeta

Referee
Thought he had a tremendous game from a neutral perspective. Looks like a bright talent, the type of player that will bloom under an Ivan Cleary coaching set up. Interested also to see Matty Robinson going reasonably well, he was good without being a breakout star in the 20s but he looks to be doing a good job in first grade.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

franklin2323

Immortal
I too thought it worth trying him in the 9 but don't think it will happen, someone somewhere (ESL) will still be stuck in 2010 and sign him on money we won't care to match to go and play fb.

Plenty worse then him has got starts over there

HowHigh

Coach
What's his job security like? (Supercoach question lol)
Played a good game on Monday

BOMAR

Juniors
played a brilliant game of Monday, but it was against a side that would have had trouble winning in Nsw Cup, and playing with a side that had everything go there way. Im still not sure if it was actually our team, as everyone seemed to play with great enthusiasm, something I havnt seen all year. This weekend will be a big test.