What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Moylan Issue

Stake Removed

First Grade
Liabilities
Moylan
Brailey
McInness
these positions must be filled with bigger bodies. playing with more aggression. See Dylan Walker for an example. Leave the fancy stuff to Nicho , Tricky and Kennedy.
But I am seeing that a lot of them want to have limelight on them

Frenzy.

Immortal
Moylan

What I see is a bloke who put in a real big year, including a big off season under a new coach, twied weally hard to be decent and impress the incoming coach and he was and clearly did. But he's a twilight player, near the end and I think last years big efforts into another big offseason may have drained his Duracells. For good! Too bad he seems to have earnt his boy scout loyalty badge.

Fitzshark will need to manage himself around his rigid loyalty or he'll cook his own goose.

Weaponhead

Coach
Moylan

What I see is a bloke who put in a real big year, including a big off season under a new coach, twied weally hard to be decent and impress the incoming coach and he was and clearly did. But he's a twilight player, near the end and I think last years big efforts into another big offseason may have drained his Duracells. For good! Too bad he seems to have earnt his boy scout loyalty badge.

Fitzshark will need to manage himself around his rigid loyalty or he'll cook his own goose.
Blind loyalty when not reciprocated will become rigidity which can become rust.

Frenzy.

Immortal
He is also a better defender

I'd probably reserve that judgement till we see Tricky at 6 getting targetted like Moyza is.

Moyza's tackle efficiency is 81%
Tricky's is 71% as a half.

Moyza has made 95 tackles in 5 games (19 per game)
Tricky made 39 in 3 games (13 per game)

Clear picture that MM is targetted. I would too TBH. Tricky hasn't been in that position yet this year

Weaponhead

Coach
The Wilton/Moylan channel is a clear weakness. Warriors scored two tries running simple straight lines. Souths scored multiple tries in that channel as well.

Talakai isn't a great 1 on 1 defender either.

All three together are not working well as a unit.

Trindall is a stronger tackler than Moyza. Whether that translates into a better defensive unit remains to be seen.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The Wilton/Moylan channel is a clear weakness. Warriors scored two tries running simple straight lines. Souths scored multiple tries in that channel as well.

Talakai isn't a great 1 on 1 defender either.

All three together are not working well as a unit.

Trindall is a stronger tackler than Moyza. Whether that translates into a better defensive unit remains to be seen.

It definitely is but unlike most I blame Wilton as much as Moylan. He's awfully slow coming from the inside sometimes and he doesn't actually hit that hard. I can't ever remember him having a WOW tackle.

Sifa gets beat on his right shoulder. Wilton gets beat on his left. Moyza just gets trampled in the red zone.

Swap Sifa and Wilton maybe when they are on together?

The obvious issue is that W Graham isn't there and him or someone like him needs to be there as the left D has no glue.

Moylan

This