What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Mummy versus Buddy saga

T-Boon

Coach
Buddy is amongst the most recognisable sportspersons in Sydney (mainly because the AFL arranged a high profile piece of crumpet to boost his profile) but I think Inglis, Burgess, Gallen, Steve Smith, Dave Warner, Mitchell Starc and several more outstrip him.
Down in Melbourne the highest profile, highest paid and most recognisable sportsperson is Timmy Cahill, the Melbourne treasure...he will play in things called "internationals" against "other countries". He is a national treasure because he has laced up for his Country...
Cahill is well respected because he can "control the ball" and is good at "kicking straight". Good for Melbourne finally getting to watch someone who can do those things.

The Winners

First Grade
Buddy is amongst the most recognisable sportspersons in Sydney (mainly because the AFL arranged a high profile piece of crumpet to boost his profile) but I think Inglis, Burgess, Gallen, Steve Smith, Dave Warner, Mitchell Starc and several more outstrip him.
Down in Melbourne the highest profile, highest paid and most recognisable sportsperson is Timmy Cahill, the Melbourne treasure...he will play in things called "internationals" against "other countries". He is a national treasure because he has laced up for his Country...
Cahill is well respected because he can "control the ball" and is good at "kicking straight". Good for Melbourne finally getting to watch someone who can do those things.

Watch it or I will call Toowong for footy.

T-Boon

Coach
Other Sydney Sportsmen bigger deal than Buddy Frankston: Israel Folau, Robbie Farah, Anthony Mundine, Semi Radradra,
List so far: Inglis, Folau, Gallen, Farah, Mundine, Burgess, Steve Smith, Dave Warner, Mitch Starc, Semi Radradra.

taipan

Referee
Other Sydney Sportsmen bigger deal than Buddy Frankston: Israel Folau, Robbie Farah, Anthony Mundine, Semi Radradra,
List so far: Inglis, Folau, Gallen, Farah, Mundine, Burgess, Steve Smith, Dave Warner, Mitch Starc, Semi Radradra.

The Viking Clap at the Raiders, is bigger than any "high profile" stick insect Sydney fudge ball throws up.

The Winners

First Grade

Apart from a couple of cricketers, a boxer and a failed ex footy player I dont know what you're on about.
Ask every Sydney kid if they have heard of Buddy Franklin and I think youll have a 95% success rate.

T-Boon

Coach
Apart from a couple of cricketers, a boxer and a failed ex footy player I dont know what you're on about.
Ask every Sydney kid if they have heard of Buddy Franklin and I think youll have a 95% success rate.

I disagree.
I think you would have a fairly high rate of Buddy recognition from Women as they all read Woman's Weekly and Buddy is very popular in that magazine as the bad boy, wacked out, side kick of Jacinta Campbell.
But he would have relatively low recognition amongst sportsfans.

taipan

Referee

Pull the other one.Hayne would be all over Budweiser Farnarkle in the memories of kids.

The media are not reporting it this way and are all on Buddys side on this one as they know the pain and struggle he went through last year.
I give you a challenge to find a current article about mental issues not being the problem for his exit from the finals last year.
i bet you cant.
Mumford should be suspended for what he did to Sydneys greatest and most well known sporting star.
You should be ashamed of yourself to.
You are just as bad as Mummy.
I hope him well .