What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The nine players under the most pressure in 2016

Re: Mitchell Pearce ...

Agree with the article, he rarely performs when under pressure. Personally, and I am a Roosters fan btw, i think we let the wrong half go. Hastings is a halfback and he performed admirably alongside James Maloney when Pearce was injured. I have doubts he can do the same thing alongside Mitchell Pearce. I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that it could be a very tough year for the Roosters. We lost our two best attacking weapons in RTS and Maloney ... that is not something you fix in a year imo. Fergo at fullback gives me shivers too.

I'm not convinced the Roosters can make top four next year, we could even miss the 8 entirely depending on how the combinations work. I think we'll make the bottom half of the 8 and be cannon fodder in the finals. I'm not a Pearce fan at all, it should have been him that was flicked, not Maloney imo. The Sharks will reap the benefits of Jimmy next year, he's an excellent attacking 5/8 and a little on the under-rated side. They bought well, the Sharks.

Will be interesting to see how Maloney goes at the Sharks given that they were the best at exploiting his defensive weaknesses.

Hutty1986

Immortal
How can Pearce be under pressure? The newspapers told me earlier this year this was the fittest he'd ever been, the most comfortable he had ever felt at rep level, the most confident he had ever felt on a footy field.

Strange.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I think it's clear now that Peter Wallace and Jamie Soward will be under a lot of pressure early. They barely got a chance to gel this year and now they have to do it under Griffin's watch.

POPEYE

Coach
He's achieved everything there is to achieve in the game and Munster isn't getting his spot until he retires. I don't think there's much pressure at all.

Perhaps players like Slater who have achieved everything there is to achieve should be awarded some sort of medal as soon as they complete the task of reaching a set prerequisite and do away with this 'immortal' bullshit . . . a set number of games in the NRL and representative arena and a clean sheet or close to off the field could be the goal

That way the Aussie habit of forgetting what people did before they wore themselves out doing it would be subject to the ridicule it deserves . . . and youngsters wouldn't have to have seen Cronin in action to know how good a player and bloke he was

Snappy

Coach
Watmough had a good year he played 18 games and was one of our best.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/th...pressure-in-2016/story-fndv2us0-1227578743156

Anthony Watmough
Anthony Watmough?s decline from bruising Origin forward in 2014 to big money bust in 2015 needed to be seen to be believed. The veteran didn?t just have a bad year in his first season in blue and gold, he was a downright liability. He crabbed across field throwing suicidal passes, he struggled with injuries all season that robbed him of much of his power and his decline was endemic of the malaise that engulfed the Eels throughout the tumultuous season. However, with a proper off-season (undoubtedly his first for many years) Watmough just might be able to squeeze out a few of the games that made him such a coveted signing. Given his pay packet, the Eels are sure hoping so.
cf874ecc073ab2464905e9f936535832

Anthony Watmough had a rough first season with the Eels.Source:News Corp Australia