What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The official Hegs-watch thread

Dave Q

Coach
Dave... I would also like to make some final clarifications regarding my original post (below), that supposedly provoked your attack...

1. My post (above) did not quote anyone else's, nor was it in response to any particular person's comments. It was general in nature and did not name or ridicule you, AM or anyone else.
  2. I did not ridicule Hegs. I expressed my opinion that he didn't have a stellar career with us, didn't make as great a contribution as Peter Cusak and was ordinary at best. Surely, if these comments were unjustified, Hegs would still be at Souths now.
  3. It did not contain any insults, name-calling or derogatory remarks about anyone.
  4. I did not suggest that you or AM should only praise Hegs by way of PM. Following your attack, I did suggest that if you wanted to praise Hegs without risking criticism, then PM would achieve this, as clearly other people can't criticise what they can't read.
  5. I did not suggest that there should be any form of censure or that people shouldn't speak their minds. Following your attack, I did however, question AM's repetetive posts, citing a LU rule about 'message bombing' and asked you to correct me if I was wrong.
  6. My above post was not an unjustified attack on either this thread, you or AM. I was questioning the value of the thread in the context of South's current season and the likelyhood of the thread making us (Souths supporters) more of a target for ridicule by fans from other clubs.
  7. As you can see, my above post WAS directed at the topic and not the man (ie you or AM).... that was until you responded to it with your personal attack.
Having said all that, I wish Hegs well in his career at the Cowboys and hope he achieves far more
success with them than he did with Souths.... only I hope he plays like sh*t when we play them.

I trust that this also serves to clarify my original post and as far as I am concerned the issue is closed
and I will say no more, other than to express my appreciation (cough) for the sincere clarification (cough) that you posted... lol.

It was a heartfelt clarification and I was only clearing my throat for the rest of the argument, not qualifying anything I had raised immediately before.

Kindy consider your character unimpugned.

And dont tell anyone, but I quite admire your mastery of the language and use thereof.

Last edited:

Sugar

Bench
A rather poor taste analogy, however, just as yourself and AM are free to discuss Hegs, others are also free to express their opinions. If you and AM seek freedom to discuss your respective thoughts about Hegs without the risk of criticism, the PM facility is always available.
I also regard online bullying or stalking as totally unacceptable, but spirited debate and a bit of name calling is par for the course. Reading through this thread however, you will find that several members (other than the ones you mentioned) from various LU forums have also made ridiculing remarks.

I agree entirely and Hegs has had many, many wraps in this thread, albeit mostly from yourself and AM.

Agreed and at no stage did I suggest that you were. I was simply expressing my opinion (as I am entitled to do) to all Souths contributors to this thread, not specifically to yourself or AM.

Once again, my comments were directed to all Souths contributors to this thread, not specifically to yourself or AM. Also I made no such suggestion that either you or AM were not 100% behind our 2009 team, as I know that you, AM and all our Souths LU members most certainly are. I wish Hegs well but I was simply making the point that our current squad needs our support, more so, than a player who is no longer a member of our team. I am also a life-long Souths supporter and a paid up season ticketed member and as a member of this forum, I am entitled to express an opinion just as you are.

Well it's seems that those you've mentioned, as well as several others, have been ridiculing Hegs, yourself and AM in this thread and by association, Souths.

Now you are starting to test my patience... you have absolutely no right whatsoever to appoint yourself the resident "thought policeman" of Souths LU and tell me to "exercise some discretion". I have the right, just as you or anyone else on this forum has, to express an opinion and I will continue to do so.

Why not? You've just been telling me what to think i.e "exercise some discretion".

Yes you do, however, correct me if I am wrong, but the forum rules also state the following;

MESSAGE BOMBING
Repetitive posts or threads about the same subject matter will be either deleted or merged into one thread. Message bombing is not allowed and will be deleted.

The following posts in "The official Hegs-watch thread" certainly appear to me to fit the description of "repetetive posts or "message bombing" and another interesting aspect to them, is the fact that none of these posts include a reason for making the statement e.g "He was outstanding for us because.... bla bla bla" etc.

Both you and AM have made dozens more posts in this thread that I or anyone else for that matter, yet you see fit to jump down the throat of anyone who has an opinion which is different to your own.
Give me a break!
I dont think it can be regarded as message bombing as the post are "On topic" and in the same thread.
Do you consider the repeated posts about membership from from myself and Newc as message bombing?

Nemesis

Bench
I dont think it can be regarded as message bombing as the post are "On topic" and in the same thread.
Do you consider the repeated posts about membership from from myself and Newc as message bombing?
I think that the rule can be misinterpreted Sugar, as it doesn't cite specific examples, that's why I asked for clarification on it.

I don't consider the posts by yourself and Newc about membership as 'message bombing', as they provide updates on the changing status of Souths memberships and each post contains new information.

However, if for example I started a thread about Dave Q and made numerous posts such as;

"Dave is a genius who is loved by all Souths LU members".
"Dave is a genius who makes the best posts on Souths LU".
"Dave is a genius and his posts must never be questioned".
"Dave is a genius and a great Souths member".
"Dave is a genius who is always right".
"Yes, Dave is a genius alright".
Etc..

I would consider these posts as message bombing, because even though they are "on topic", they don't provide updated information or a basis for intelligent discussion or debate (sorry Dave) and are simply repetetive in saying that Dave is a genius.

Although Dave may well appreciate such posts, something tells me that not all other people would.

Disclaimer: Please note that this post is not intended as an attack on this thread, any individual or member of this forum and only reflects the opinion of the writer.

Nemesis

Bench
It was a heartfelt clarification and I was only clearing my throat for the rest of the argument, not qualifying anything I had raised immediately before.
My apologies... I hope that after clearing out that obstruction, your throat feels much better now. ;-)

Kindy consider your character unimpugned.

And dont tell anyone, but I quite admire your mastery of the language and use thereof.
Cheers Dave... likewise. I've always been impressed by your imaginative turn of phrase and highly creative language skills.

Please accept this small token as my peace offering... :D

Hegs.jpg

Dave Q

Coach
Thank you Sugar, thank you Nemsy, thank you AM and f-u bully boys.

The Hegs thread should be a place of peace and tranquility in this troubled world of rugby league (and the season hasnt even kicked off yet!).

A pleace of respite from the heavy-going that is supporting this game these days.

Lets have some pre-season misery therapy.

This game is chockers full of:

* Treacherous greedy pig players who have never done a day's work in their life. Some of them live hedonistic and selfish lifestyles and when things go wrong, are always quick to blame someone else. Some of them will sex with anything....an armchair, an outdoor pavillion even a tray of soiled kitty litter!

* Snivelling, human excrement called player agents, intent of ruining the game by driving up prices for their dopey roster. In DaveQworld, it would be a total defence to assaulting one, on the basis that "he was in my vicinity"

*Arrogant, self-aggrandising media personalities who have levels of humour appreciation approaching that of a 10 year old.

* Board members with all of the intellectual capital of a dried up sea-sponge, stranded in the Simpson Desert for 100 million years

*Snouts in trough kiosk owners, who charge us $4.50 for $1 bottle of coke. They should be made to pay their unjustifiable mark-ups on everything they buy.

* Politicians who only turn up on finals and grand finals days.

*Is run by a corporate lawyer.

This is a corrupt and evil sport, full of heartbreak, broken dreams and false promises.

And yet we love it so.

nqcowboy87

Bench
hes playing qcup this weekend, what an amazing story it will be though at the end of the year when he leads nq to a premiership qld to an origin series win ausytralia to a four nations title at 6 all from starting the year in qcup:lol:

Fein

First Grade
hes playing qcup this weekend, what an amazing story it will be though at the end of the year when he leads nq to a premiership qld to an origin series win ausytralia to a four nations title at 6 all from starting the year in qcup:lol:

Mate, it won't be a story, it would be the subject of a world wide media extravaganza.

Sugar

Bench
Hegs Tally
NRL Games 1
QLD cup Games 0

Tries TBC

*Edit*
Playing NRL by default

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
In breaking news, Hegs has been selected on the wing for the Cowboys in their first NRL outing.

bawaaawaa!

Dave & AM: 1
Hegs haters: zip.

Fein

First Grade
:lol::cool:

Hegs will lead the cows to the promised land!

:lol:

Depending upon your religion, this could be the hallowed halls of Valhalla, the pearly gates of heaven or the deepest, darkest bowels of hell.

May your God or the voodoo man be with you. :lol::lol:

Dave Q

Coach
:lol:

Depending upon your religion, this could be the hallowed halls of Valhalla, the pearly gates of heaven or the deepest, darkest bowels of hell.

May your God or the voodoo man be with you. :lol::lol:

Lovely way with words Fein, reminiscent of our man Nemsy.

Surely Souths LU is the intellectual capital of this otherwise illiterate forum!

Sugar

Bench
As much pain and undesired anxiety attacks Hegarty inflicted on me while he wore the Red & Green, I truly hope he has a good game tonight and can revive his career.

If he continues to dwindle thats the Cows problem but hopefully he turns up for his loyal fans

Dave Q

Coach
Shannon Hegarty match report.

Well firstly Shannon was a late inclusion in the cowboys side, wearing number 19, matched up against a rookie out on the Bronc's left wing.

No doubt he was very excited to get the call up and be part of the Cowboys first string Round 1 side for 2009 under new coach Henry.

The game also featured glimpses of ex-rabbitoh Nelson, who was very quiet.

Here is the Hegs chronology for those who missed the game.

Hegs game chronology

7 mins: Broncos score on non-hegs side.

10 mins: Hegs stops a certain try with a deft touch.

15 mins: Hegs covers his opposite number

16 mins: Hegs first run, he makes a solid 7-8 metres from dummy half

17 mins: Good covering position by Hegs

19 mins: It took four broncos to stop his progress

22 mins: he covers a Wallace kick well

23 mins: He makes a fine dummy half run. Respected league expert and nine commentator Ben Ikin describes him as "one of the best dummy half runners in the league." Thats something AM and I have been saying for years!

25 mins: Hegs make massive 15 metre run after collecting a Wallace kick.

26 mins: Hegs misses tackle ( one of five missed tackles in the same passage of play by five Cowboys) and the broncs go over.

32 mins: Hegs creams bronco Micheals into touch with a few other cows and stops a certain try.

38 mins: neat dummy half run by Hegs

40 mins: Hegs helps Burns and Bowen throw another bronc into touch.

HALF TIME: it is clear that the broncs are keeping the ball away from heg's side of the park. Hegs clearly has the measure of his rookie opponent.

42 mins: Hegs moves away from his wing and to the Centre of the ground and carts up the ball well against rampaging forwards

44 mins: Hegs is gang tackled by 3 broncos .

46 mins. Broncos score on Hegs wing

What happened...

The Cows were short on the right side. The broncos played in the middle and catched and pass quickly to their left. It was clear that Hegs had to move off his wing to try to force the error. Regrettably for hegs the Broncs got the ball out too quick allowing their winger to score untouched.

Matty Johns made the ill-thought out comment afterwards that Hegs was off his wing ( inferring that hegs had erred). The reality was it was 2 to 3 Broncs v Hegs and Hegs did what he had to do. Had he stayed on his wing, the broncs would have waltzed inside of him unopposed.

It was Hegs that was let down by his inside backs ( just like many of his days at Souths).

53 mins: Hegs leads the cows on the kick-chase from the kick off. Well done hegs.

54 mins: Hegs makes a solid ten metres from dummy half.

57 mins: The cows score. Hegs is noticably pumped up and yelling at his team mates to lift.

63 mins: Hegs in best cover postion.

64 mins: Hegs makes solid dummy half run.

Assesment:

Hegs had a good solid hit-out, did most things really well and will keep his spot in the side. I was hoping for a try, but the Cows backs were very rusty and hegs wasnt provided with any attacking options. But good d-h running and a pretty decent defensive effort.

Well done hegs.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Hegs was poor. One try saving tackle that knocked the ball out didn't make up for numerous mistakes.