What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The officiating in the australia vs England match.

How did you rate the refereeing from sunday?

• Top notch refereeing, can't fault them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great refereeing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apart from the odd mistake, pretty good.

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Made a few errors that were telling in the end.

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • To many mistake, took the contest out of the game.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Were they blind?

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Far to many mistake. Awarded 3 tries that weren't tries.

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • The refs destroyed what should have been a good game.

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • The referees cost England the match.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Worst refereeing i've ever seen in any code.

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Sam_the_man

First Grade
We have seen a strip of the ball by the aussies in plain view let go that lead to a try. We have seen Cronk touch the ball and knock on in the ingoal before Lewis scored. How was that missed?
Brent Tate had a foot on the side line and bounced the ball trying to score a try and it was awarded.
And thats just the tried with out what the aussies are getting away with in the field of play and this is just the first half.
England you have yourself to blame for agreeing to let an aussie ref you and an aussie to sit in the video box.

Brutus

Referee
Agree the officiating has been all one-way in this game.

The referees have done their best this 4N's to ensure the favourites win.

The score should be 16-14 to Aus, instead it's currently 32-14.

JasonE

Bench
I don't like to talk about referees, but when Billy Slater knocked on in the first half and it was called play on i couldn't believe my eyes.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Archer was horrible. I don't care who it is, please bring about a neutral ref to avoid BS comments that suggest the ref favoured "his side". If the ref is going to be ordinary, let it be from a neutral side.

Terrible officiating. Tate's try, Tuqiri's try, Lewis' try...none should have been allowed.

Meanwhile, a line ball from England that would have put Cudjoe through was called back...

Archer has been terrible.

Big Pete

Referee
Do you mean Lewis' second try?

Tate's try was fine going by the current interpretations. The interpretation though is bit of a joke.

I think blaming the ref. is trying to disguise how s**t the Poms were.

I agree though, a neutral ref. should be used. Mind you, make sure the ref. is up to standard. Some of the 'neutral' refs I've seen have no idea when it comes to officiating a game of this calibre.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The reffing wasn't great. The video ref was abysmal. Tate spiked the ball into the ground and cronk touched the ball in Lewis' second try.

Having said that England lost because they made too many fundamental errors, not because of bad ref calls.

Springs

First Grade
Australia was the better team, but not by that much. Australia's first try came from an obvious strip. England throw a forward pass then Slater throws one on the next play and is let go. Tate's try was almost as bad as Gasnier's. Lewis threw the ball 2 metres forward for Tuqiri's try.
Australia deserved to win, but if the calls were right then I'm sure the last 20 minutes would have been much better.

mrpwnd

Bench
Both teams were equally sh*t.
Australia just had more class to look better whilst being sh*t.

Latest posts