What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The old and wise Jack Newton speaks to the Telegraph *shock, horror*

mick13

Juniors
Bicey_18 said:
As a Roosters fan im guessing you would know all to well about drubbings

No Roosters fan here buddy, but come to mention it, they certainly look like a team playing for their jersey and coach. :lol: :lol:

keeney

First Grade
Don't rag on the Roosters, they've played really well at the back end of the year, and are deserving of respect.

I suspect you don't have much to do mick? Seeing as you signed up merely to be a troll? Must be a good life.

Doctor

Bench
"My son is not a quitter but that is how he has been painted up here," Newton said.

He left midway through the season, when things got tough. Sorry Jack, that's a full-fledged quitter.

"He left because the coach didn't respect him.

I don't like my boss sometimes either. Sometimes I think his judgment calls are wrong. Often times I think he doesn't appreciate me and that I'm not being paid enough compared with what I offer to my employer. Things have been tough this year, just like the Knights, but I've stuck at it by lifting my intensity. I hang in there because:

a) It's the gutsy thing to do
b) It's his backside that hangs out to dry if it all goes pear-shaped.
c) It makes me a stronger person and a better employee.

It's not about the relative respect a coach affords a player, Jack. It's about how a player copes with the realisation that he's not doing as well as he thinks and how he copes with constructive criticism. Clint couldn't handle being told he wasn't the greatest thing since slice bread. I have no time for people who let down my football team, not through bad performance but a bad attitude.

But it's not personal, unlike the way the Newtons have conducted themselves.

Latest posts