What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Olympics Thread

84 Baby

Referee
I guess it's not saying an awful lot but I'd sooner watch hockey than Rugby union and AFL... I'd have it ahead of tennis too...
I’d probably have it on par with ruggers and soccer for me bothering to watch it but I’d have hockey as a better spectator sport to those two. Heck I’d have it ahead of basketball for consistent watchability

strider

Post Whore
Why isn’t hockey a more popular sport?
I played hockey a bit at school (and my sister played through her teenage years)

I don't know if maybe parents think its a bit dangerous - cos it is a bit - sticks n balls going everywhere

My school mates who played on weekends all banged on about number of times they had smashed other merkins in the head with the ball like it was a competition

84 Baby

Referee
I played hockey a bit at school (and my sister played through her teenage years)

I don't know if maybe parents think its a bit dangerous - cos it is a bit - sticks n balls going everywhere

My school mates who played on weekends all banged on about number of times they had smashed other merkins in the head with the ball like it was a competition
I’d take that as reasoning now but rugby league became popular enough to be a professional sport so surely in the 80s there’d have been enough participation to at least make it a larger sport today. Just a bit strange.

Latest posts