What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Olympics Thread

84 Baby

Referee
That's right yo and I'm in the flow
So pump up the volume along with the tempo
I want everybody in the house to know
I came here tonight to hear the crowd go

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Opals looked horrible, I suppose their whole set up was around Cabbage so they are going to struggle.

84 Baby

Referee
I know the Olympics are when we’re meant to pretend we’re experts on random sports but what are the f**ken rules of water polo?

84 Baby

Referee
Oh and I was confused when our commentators were so adamant we scored that buzzer beater because it was clear to me he hadn’t shot before the timer ran out/buzzer went off but then apparently it’s played to the refs whistle and basically he has to wait until after the buzzer sounds to whistle? FMD more subjectivity than an NRL ref

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Oh and I was confused when our commentators were so adamant we scored that buzzer beater because it was clear to me he hadn’t shot before the timer ran out/buzzer went off but then apparently it’s played to the refs whistle and basically he has to wait until after the buzzer sounds to whistle? FMD more subjectivity than an NRL ref

just be grateful they don't have "the bunker"

Noise

Coach
Simone Biles had a bit of a lay down Sally moment. Fortunately for her team they could carry the slack and they still got silver.

84 Baby

Referee
And a bronze. That Dutch team were ridiculous. They caught a crab apparently which I guess is code for dropping an oar which put them from last to 5th but they still came back and destroyed everyone

84 Baby

Referee
By the looks of it they could’ve run the surfing at the rowing venue but it won us a Bradbury Bronze