What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The one that got away, the one that is about to go away

Fire

First Grade
155567-nrl-rd-26-bulldogs-v-roosters.jpg

Pretty sure this isn't a spoon.

383376-matt-cooper.jpg

:cool:

Packy

Bench
Yeah I heard that last week but no one else had anything so I assumed it was off centre.

Fire

First Grade
I would like to keep Evander. He is a real little competitor. He needs to control his emotions sometimes, but he is all heart.

The problem is where do we fit him with Duges now?

I can't blame him if he leaves. I mean, being coached by Des or Price - f**k, I'd run as fast as I could to the Bulldogs.

Bulldog Force

Referee
This thread will be fun to re-visit at 9pm tonight.
Hey, the Saints might win tonight. Hell man of the moment Duges might even repay the Dragons faith in him and score a hat-trick, but the point is, I don't want Duges at my club given his problems with drinking etc... so if he's not in my team, that's a positive.

This Year?

Immortal
Hey, the Saints might win tonight. Hell man of the moment Duges might even repay the Dragons faith in him and score a hat-trick, but the point is, I don't want Duges at my club given his problems with drinking etc... so if he's not in my team, that's a positive.

Even THE DUGAN couldn't save us tonight. Time for a breezer or 39 :(

saint.nick

Coach
I'm sorry, is the CEO responsible for the clubs success on the field? I thought the CEO was in charge of running the actual football club, and the COACH was responsible for the teams success.

Gee's and I thought that Roosters fans were arrogant.

:lol: yes, they are. Someone has to hire and sack staff.

saint.nick

Coach
Oh you are kidding me, what him and wisdop another to look good at storm system.
Then Joel Thompson, Sam Williams rubbish. A coach with no chin no finals footy for years.
Dugan please does not do up brett Stewart's boots tattoo bogan drop kick and f**king overated.

what the f*** does having no chin have to do with anything? You do seem to be one of the older and wiser people on this forum network...

saint.nick

Coach
So explain what doust is doing now then? Is he past it living off old glories?

So now you're just twisting it into a dogs vs dragons argument. But I don't know what the hell Doust is doing, and I'd be the first to admit that his administrative performance has been mediocre as of late. The only point I was trying to make is CEO's are basically just as responsible as coaches. Some of you may try to defend Greenberg and deflect responsibility for him, but then imagine all the praise and accolades he would have gotten with Hasler if he did win a premiership? If CEO's have no responsibility for on field performance, then who the hell was going to transform your club into a serious contender for the premiership in 2009, after 2008?

Dogs Of War

Coach
So now you're just twisting it into a dogs vs dragons argument. But I don't know what the hell Doust is doing, and I'd be the first to admit that his administrative performance has been mediocre as of late. The only point I was trying to make is CEO's are basically just as responsible as coaches. Some of you may try to defend Greenberg and deflect responsibility for him, but then imagine all the praise and accolades he would have gotten with Hasler if he did win a premiership? If CEO's have no responsibility for on field performance, then who the hell was going to transform your club into a serious contender for the premiership in 2009, after 2008?

You have to have the off field stuff sorted before the onfield stuff goes well.

• He got us moved back to Belmore from the silly ground sharing we were doing with Athletics Australia that our previous CEO got us into.
  • He was good enough to get one of the better coaches in the game to come to us in Des
  • Providing us with the highest average crowds in Sydney for the past 5 years even when we haven't been going good.
  • All the funding he got poured into Belmore to bring it up to standard.
  • Changing the off field player culture from a party boy one, to a family orientated one.
  • Making the Bulldogs reliance on the Leagues club for grants minimised to a point where the football club itself may be self sufficient.

He has left the club in a much better shape than he found it and if he wasn't called up to the NRL position (ie had as many years at the helm as Doust has had), I'm sure he would have shit all over Doust's legacy he is leaving the Dragons.

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
My guess would be the fact that we had a new coach for the first time in 11 years?

Packy

Bench

I'll cut to the chase. The argument became about TG's expectations. TG may not have met his own goals but he certainly met ours. Us fans have nothing but gratitude for what he did get done.. not what he didn't.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Absolutely no denial or beef from me that the Dragons achieved plenty of success in the last five years. I'm disputing the ridiculous assertion from a certain other poster who said Greenberg only saw over a spoon "win"...

Fire

First Grade
Absolutely no denial or beef from me that the Dragons achieved plenty of success in the last five years. I'm disputing the ridiculous assertion from a certain other poster who said Greenberg only saw over a spoon "win"...

Timmah you should know me by now - I'm just a shit-stirrer.

I think I said it in this thread or another - but Greenberg goes all right simply for gettin Des. That is no mean feat at all, he deserves full credit for that, and cements him as a gun CEO and administrator.

p.s. Damn that poster above made some sobering comments. f**ken Saints - we better get another one within the next 28 odd years.

Latest posts