What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'The Pacific' - from the creators of Band of Brothers

beave

Coach
I watched and enjoyed the series, but it didn't compare to band of brothers which was a far superior show.

agreed 100%

it just blows me away how they got it so right with BOB and yet this one really fell so short of the high bar of expectation they made for themselves.

I understand that the yanks when in Oz were up to their nuts in guts, but do we really want a whole episode based on it???? The yanks f**ked their way across Europe, but their was minimal examples of this in in BOB, I think there were 2 sex scenes in the whole series??? There are enough war/love stories out there prior to this, tbh I am more interested in the interaction of the boys between their NCO's and Officers and the war story itself, of course there was a lot of that but there was too much fluff involved as well.

I know we don't want to see a complete rip off of BOB but sticking a bit more to what made the original so enjoyable I would have really loved to see. I won't say I hated the pacific, but it was a big let down for me.