What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Patten or Hodgson Poll

Who is the better fullback?

• Brett Hodgson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luke Patten

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ByRd

First Grade
I wouldnt swap Patten & id say he & Hodgson are even. Someone said Patten isnt in the top 10 fullbacks, please he is in the top 10: (in no order)

Slater, Mini, Bowen, Hunt, Wesser, Patten, Hodgson, Mckinnon, Schif, Hornby

His a better fullback then Macdougall (hasnt played there much), Webb, Peachy, Whoever the knights fullback is & is marginally better then Stewart who needs more time & must improve his defence.

RABK

Referee
dog4life said:
I wouldnt swap Patten & id say he & Hodgson are even. Someone said Patten isnt in the top 10 fullbacks, please he is in the top 10: (in no order)

His a better fullback then Macdougall (hasnt played there much), Webb, Peachy, Whoever the knights fullback is & is marginally better then Stewart who needs more time & must improve his defence.

It was me who said it and i rate Brett Stewart and David Peachey higher then him.

ByRd

First Grade
David Peachy is pathetic, he is nowhere near THE GENERAL, Stewart is good but needs to improve his defence heaps to move up so id say patten is in the top 10 plus his better then the knights fullback, whoever it is #-o

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Patten would be in the top 10, but he's had a horrible start this year. Hunt as the 4th best fullback in the NRL? :lol:

Slater, Minichello, Bowen, McKinnon, Schifcofske, Hodgson, Hornby, Wesser, Webb, Patten, Hunt, Stewart, Peachey, MacDougall, Hughes for mine. Hunt = VERY overated.

But to the topic, Hodgson smashes Patten. Patten is reliable at best, but Hodgson has been great for the tigers, really kept them together last year and was the reason they came close to finals footy. Patten was just reliable for the dogs, that and they have no other options back there really.

RABK

Referee
Actually due to our injury crisis we had to blood Dustin Cooper at the back and he had an outstanding game picking up a dally m point in a well beaten side. Was extremly strong in returning the ball and made some great takes. Breet Stewart has got Tim Brasher written all over him. He will be Australian Fullback by 2007. Peachey is just as inconsistent as Patten. You can't really rate one higher then the other...but Peachey is alot more dangerous.

RABK

Referee
Patten would be in the top 10, but he's had a horrible start this year. Hunt as the 4th best fullback in the NRL?

He did say in no particular order.... #-o

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
Hodgson and Pattern are both great in attack but Hodgson is better than pattern defensively so i am going to say hodgson.

RABK

Referee
Read his post again mate he clearly says it.

Phillips

Referee
dog4life said:

:lol: :lol:

he is no where near the top 10 fullbacks

Michael Withers, Kris Radlinski & Paul Wellens from superleague are better fullbacks then Patten is

RABK

Referee
Phillips said:
dog4life said:

:lol: :lol:

he is no where near the top 10 fullbacks

Michael Withers, Kris Radlinski & Paul Wellens from superleague are better fullbacks then Patten is

We were talking about the top 10 NRL fullbacks. Parra fans must have dropped their glasses while they were booing their team of the park. :?

ozboy

Juniors
Patten is a good club fullback, but not good enough to make the rep game.

Hodgson is a very good fullback who has proved himself as a solid rep player.

Hodgson would be the one I rate as the better one.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
They weren't booing the team, they were booing the referee.

And to be honest I didn't even read the top part, I just saw Slater, Mini and Bowen as the top 3 and that is probably the real top 3, just assumed it was in order. Damn.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Hodgeson

I've never had a bad word to say about Patten, but compared to other fullbacks I wouldn't put him in the top 5. Hodgeson kick returns are by far superior, he can kick goals.

BUT, if I rated this poll on defence, I'd have to say Patten. Last year Hodgeson had the worst tackling efficientcy of all the fullbacks. This makes it a harder question when you consider what the role of a fullback is

Latest posts