What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Phil Gould Prediction Thread

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
antonius said:
Bring it home Knights said:
But I'm of the opinion that a lot of this hatred of gould by alot of people comes back to him pushing Craig wing for SOO, Infront of buderus.
What Hatred?? I don't hate him, I just don't like him, and the Bedsy thing is right out of left field, never even entered my head. This was meant to be a light hearted intro into a look at next year. 8) Thank goodness Parki has a sense of humour, :lol: :lol: :lol:

So what are your reasons for not liking the man?

antonius

Coach
antonius said:
But I'm of the opinion that a lot of this hatred of gould by alot of people comes back to him pushing Craig wing for SOO, Infront of buderus.
What Hatred?? I don't hate him, I just don't like him, and the Bedsy thing is right out of left field, never even entered my head. This was meant to be a light hearted intro into a look at next year. 8) Thank goodness Parki has a sense of humour, :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't like him, simple as that. He is the self appointed saviour/inovator of everything that is Football, sometimes I think he must've invented the game. But hey...if you like him, that's your perogative.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
antonius said:
antonius said:

I don't like him, simple as that. He is the self appointed saviour/inovator of everything that is Football, sometimes I think he must've invented the game. But hey...if you like him, that's your perogative.

There are things I don't like about him. But let's face it. What he did for the ARL was priceless. If it wasn't for him, we might very well be following a super league comp.

Doctor

Bench
Let's just say that Phil Gould's commentary gives me a need for greater amounts of toilet paper. His "knowledge" of the game is restricted to how many times he can shamelessly plug the Roosters in the space of 20 seconds. Throw into the match one B.Fittler and Gould is in his element.

His success as a coach is irrelevant given his main capacity in the rugby league fraternity is on television - a role his aesthetical features do not agree with.

He has a head for radio, but a brain suited to standing on the hill with all the other yobbos who yell non sequitor statements about everything and anything that comes to mind (or course, unfortunately Gould would be the only one in the vicinity even remotely sober).

What he has proven in his stint on television is that his deep-seated passion for the Roosters and all that embodies the Roosters, severely clouds his judgement and comments. His dislike for referees is manifest in his unequivocal abuse towards refereeing performances pre, during and post match. His commentary does not even hint towards objectivity, and he makes no apology for this. He allows thoughts in his head to come out his mouth before he thinks twice - unfortunately this kind of temperament is condusive to other forms of media.

Gould has always put into practice an apparent theory that his advice, comments and criticisms actually carry weight. This dellusional thought-pattern drives him towards all-new lows, spraying his opinions around to whomever will hear his dribble.

I can understand people not liking the fellow - I'm not sure he cares too much about it though.

Kaz

junior
There are things I don't like about him. But let's face it. What he did for the ARL was priceless. If it wasn't for him, we might very well be following a super league comp.

Well we are following a comp that has heaps of SL rules.

Owned by the people who ran SL (News Limited)

You follow a team that wears a SL style jersey & your coach was a SL person. :lol:

But apart from that SL died. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

antonius

Coach
antonius said:
antonius said:

OK, so we've solved the Potato Head debate 8) , lets get back to the main purpose of the thread!! Got any early predictions for season 2004?

Razor

Coach
My top 8 in order

1. Dragons
2. Knights
3. Warriors
4. Roosters
5. Broncos
6. Storm
7. Dogs
8. Tigers

9. Canberra
10. Eels
11. Penrith
12. Cowboys
13. Sharks
14. Manly
15. Souths

Maybe I've been reading this thread wrong all along, Tony. A Phil Gould thread is bound to be full of mistakes and bullshit, so maybe that's why Brisbane is being tipped to make the top 8 here with the Cowboys. Where's the tip that Souths will challenge??? Gouldie had a hand in their first rebuilding year.

:lol:

My non-Fool Gould predictions

1. Roosters
2. Bulldogs
3. Panthers
4. Knights
5. Warriors
6. Storm
7. Raiders
8. Sharks

antonius

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
Maybe I've been reading this thread wrong all along, Tony. A Phil Gould thread is bound to be full of mistakes and bullsh*t, so maybe that's why Brisbane is being tipped to make the top 8 here with the Cowboys. Where's the tip that Souths will challenge??? Gouldie had a hand in their first rebuilding year.

:lol:

My non-Fool Gould predictions

1. Roosters
2. Bulldogs
3. Panthers
4. Knights
5. Warriors
6. Storm
7. Raiders
8. Sharks

I have tipped the cowgirls, I genuinely think they will make the eight, they've been knocking on the door for a couple of seasons, I think with the gains they have next year they'll make it. The Broncos I put in the same catagory as us a while ago, where I thought we and them might find 2004 a bit of a struggle, but we've strengthened our team a bit more than the Broncettes I think, which makes us a better proposition, the saving grace for the Broncs is the fact that Tallis has quit the rep stuff, as has Wayne baby,I think they have purchased Motu Tony from the Warriors, that I think should be enough for them to scrape into the eight. 8)

antonius

Coach
Danish Moo Cow said:
It was Motu Tony, and the Broncs need him to fire to be any threat at all.

Hence why I've left them out of the top 8.

I'm having a shocker, just posted this in your post as an edit (Sorry about that)

Yeh I realised I had it wrong when I re-read it. I had it in my mind that the Broncos had also gained the Warriors sometimes fullback from last season Webb.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
1. Newcastle
2. Roosters
3. Dragons
4. Penrith
5. Wests
6. Canterbury
7. Warriors
8. Brisbane

9. Mebourne
10. Nth QLD
11. Canberra
12. Parramatta
13. Cronulla
14. Manly
15. Souths

tigermite

Juniors
I could bite at GG's post, but I won't. All I'll say is that we have got rid of a lot of dead wood this year, and bought some good players, as well as having a lot of quality juniors coming through the ranks pressing for spots in the first grade team, something we haven't really had in the history of the joint-venture. But in saying that, I don't care if you, or anyone writes us off. Less pressure on us. But we are looking to consolidate this year with a good year, then in 2005 we will be looking to become a top side.

To Kaz, regarding the rules. For superleague to take off in the first place, they had to use many rules that the ARL used. Therefore, the rules we now play by were mainly used before superleague, afterall, the game still looks very similar as to pre 97. Some are superleague rules... but not many in the scheme of things.

And to BIHK... it's not only Knights supporters that hate Gould... many many supporters from a wide range of teams hate Gould....

Now my top 8....

1. Roosters
2. Warriors
3. Dragons
4. Dogs
5. Panthers
6. Knights
7. Tigers
8. Broncos

Latest posts