What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The players who should play this week against manly

yy_cheng

Coach
pg, if wade was unfit an tahu was available, i reckon u woul see

1. hayne
2. b.smith
3. o'dwyer
4. tahu
5. grothe

JT said that he would try and keep the same team bar injury.

PJ has played half in the last two matches during the back end of the game. JT is probably trying to give him more experience there just in case another one of our halves goes down.

The Colonel

Immortal
Ben Kennedy WILL play on Saturday night - I'll shave UTE's head if he doesn't. The bloke may be playing busted but that is what he does best. The poor bugger can hardly walk but he is the difference between Manly winning and losing......

By the way it isn't his knees that are the problem - rather the groin injury he has carried for a lot of the season (and his career). He has severely corked thighs at the moment that could probably do withy a well deserved rest but I doubt it will happen this weekend.

Utey

Coach
Argh well, we'll see how we go. When I saw a bit of footage he had lots of ice on his knees. Seems to be very battered...

eelz47

Coach
also inu play in flegg last saturday, and i dont believe he went too well there so it would be a big step back up

the_eel

Juniors
I'd run with the same side as last week with Robbo coming in for Perenara. IF tahu was fit i'd move O'Dwyer to the bench with Wagon back to 18th man....but we definitely don't need to rush Tahu back.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
No changes unless Tahu is 100% fit. If he is fit, unfortunately Chalky becomes 18th man (as much as I rate the guy and he is unbelievable form).

A lot of people are saying to drop Ben Smith. However there are two reasons he has appeared quite over the last couple of weeks.
1. All the attack has gone down the Widders/O'Dwyer/Hayne side. This is shown by Haynes tryscoring
2. In attack Grothe has been playing in the centres shifting Smith to the wing. This is mean Smith is see hardly any ball as we all know Eric doesn't really pass.

IMO Benny has been a big part of the improvement in our defence. This part of his game is extremely under rated. He will show what he can do with the ball the more he gets it. He will be a rep centre and along with Tahu will form a great centre combination for this club. I would not be dropping him at the moment.

eels_

Juniors
Ben Smith Cant be dropped... His defence is awesome, has really helped parra in that area... O'Dwyer is in good for yes, so unless Tahu is 100%, I would keep O'Dweyer. Robinson in for Henry... And thats all that will happen barring injury of course.

Jeremy smith still isnt doing anything for me, but I dont think you can put Green in there at this stage...

lol, when was the last time we had a halfback score from 20m out after attacking the line, evading three defenders and spinning out of tackles?

Smith is doing fine. Just because he isn't overtly the star of the show doesn't mean he isn't doing his job and doing it well.

parra pete

Referee
Hollywood Jesus said:
lol, when was the last time we had a halfback score from 20m out after attacking the line, evading three defenders and spinning out of tackles?

Smith is doing fine. Just because he isn't overtly the star of the show doesn't mean he isn't doing his job and doing it well.

Exactly. Good to see a 7 prepared to take on the line at last...

Utey

Coach
Hollywood Jesus said:

Exactly! It was brilliant!!!

number8

Juniors
You have to admit the defence was ordinary on Jeremy Smith's try!

It was a good try but brilliant & awesome are not an accurate decription. He still lacks the kicking game we need . That's going to be crucial if we are to get any further than this week imo!

Big part of the game in which we fall short!

Utey

Coach
number8 said:
You have to admit the defence was ordinary on Jeremy Smith's try!

It was a good try but brilliant & awesome are not an accurate decription. He still lacks the kicking game we need . That's going to be crucial if we are to get any further than this week imo!

Big part of the game in which we fall short!

gotta disagree! He doesnt run the show like Timmy does and like him or not his our best option there. Kicking game was poor, but the kick chase was always there and thats a big part of winning games.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Isn't the most important part of a halfbacks job to organise the team and generally set up his forwards and outside backs through his kicking and passing game. It is all about making the right decision. How often does Joey run the ball as opposed to passing and kicking. If this is case I don't think Jeremy is a first grade halfback yet.

Tim might make take the wrong decision occasionally but at least he makes decisions. IMO Jeremy lacks organisation and has a poor passing and kicking game for a first grade halfback

The Colonel

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
gotta disagree! He doesnt run the show like Timmy does and like him or not his our best option there. Kicking game was poor, but the kick chase was always there and thats a big part of winning games.

Kick chase is only as good as the kick. If they are playing the ball on the first tackle past the 30 metre line the opposition can be attacking in our forty in two or three plays. That is metres we shouldn't be giving away. We were lucky to get away with the Warriors game for that very reason and again on the weekend when we were camped inside our own twenty for most of the first half. While it was a very good try if it hadn't have been for two intercepts on our own goal line it could have been a very different game.

I was more comfortable when PJ and John were playing the halves role and Jeremy was two passes off the ruck.