What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Positivity of our game.

ouchie

Juniors
OK i know every thread,there has been like everything negative on us atm.

For a change lets talk about some of the positivity that is going around.

We need to now start to work mentally and get the facts out of our heads dat we lost to the 'sharks' and we need to change our attitude on how we look at things now. The players need to start thinking optimistically and not pessimistic.

Anything positive we are doing in our games??

tresurehunt

Juniors
i think some of our younger forwards are really stepping up ,such as mannah & horro. but its not about individual performance,were not playing for each other or as a team atm.

our defence wasn't too bad, apart from the line speed which was lacking against the tigers as well, well infact it has been lacking all year really.
the main postitive is apart from the tigers game we have been right in the game til close til the end, Dragons have been pretty good so far and we were 6 points from them, We had a shocker against manly in the 1st half and got some good forward and quick play the balls to get us back in the game and lucky win, Tigers game we we were in the game til the last 20mins and they played awesome, sharks game they had nothing to lose and played a style of tough and gritty footy that we don't like playing and only got beat 11-0 and really should have scored once.
I think the rd 1 game v dragons was our best all round effort even thou we lost.

TheParraboy

Staff member
we could still finish on 40 plus competition points and win the minor premiership

Bigfella

Coach
Our defense was fine on sat and if we'd scored one try in the first 60 we would have won it IMO.

I think hayne is looking good and developing into a genuine playmaker from the back.

I also think we have 4 genuine props for the first time in memory. Obviously we need much slicker organisation from dummy half, some creativity and damaging back row running and play the balls to take advantage, but I think the front row stocks look much much stronger.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I am still confident we will find some form, the players look like they have been flogged in the off-season. Simple things like holding the ball and going back to off-loading game will help. The last two games Mateo and Cayless have been looking for off-loads but there have been no one to pass to. Plus Hindmarsh hasn't been looking to offload like last year

Last edited:

CannyDrnkovich

Juniors
Personally I think losing to the Sharks on the weekend was the low point, and will most likely be the kick up the arse these guys need. Drastic changes dont need to be made - remember these guys took us to within a whisker of a Premiership in 2009. Its an attitude re-adjustment thats the main issue at hand. The players look very flat - take a look at the Tigers against us last week, and Souths last night if you want to see what enthusiasm and commitment does to a football side. We all loved this same group of players in the 2nd half of last year and we all know they are extremely capable of turning this around.

We have seen the lows - stop whining and get behind YOUR team!

Stagger eel

Staff member
our scrambleing and goal line defence has actually been very good, it's the other areas in the game that has let us down badly.

muznik

Juniors
The positives .... I was at big bro's 40th in a paddock out the back of nowhere & missed the much maligned performance !

My only regret is not putting a motza on the Sharks at $4. I had a bad feeling about the game all week, remembering last years performance.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The on line defense is good.

I think we really turned up with attitude against the Dragons but without getting enough second phase we were controlled by their defence.

The real positive is we all know they can play that way (the negative is they don't seem to want to).

True EEL

Bench
its obvious they are low on confidence, form and positive play/attitude.....

my question is why????

they knew from the outset there would be a tonne of expectation, that every team would be coming after them - they knew what their own team would be like from the pre-season (in terms of who plays where etc), so why, why, why can't they get it together on the field, i don't see any excuses?

Latest posts