What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Press are f**ked

Old Timer

Coach
I really think you’re missing the big issue.

The media should be applauded for getting Mrs Johnson’s message out there & making a difference, not complaining about small mix up which really wasn’t “f**ked” at all.

This wouldn’t be the first time anyone has confused the two Brian’s, and really isn’t the hand wringing issue you seem to think it is.

But thanks for posting the article, I took a lot out of Mrs Johnson’s letters, helps highlight the pain for those living with those suffering from dementia.

Have a great night OT.
muzby I had a great night thank you playing canasta with my 90 year old mum and 88 year old mother in law who are both very mentally alert and very hard to beat at cards.

Some red wine & home cooked OT fruit cake made it just that little more enjoyable.

My expletive re the press is not that they are sinister nor do I infer the article is not newsworthy nor do I miss the big picture of the importance of the article itself but I deplore sloppy journalism and call it out for what its is because the error could have been very easily avoided.

IMO the article is like delivering a eulogy and if you are going to do that best get it right.

Not much good standing up before hushed crowd of family and friends for Ted's funeral and then saying what a great bloke Tod was or the best man delivering the speech at the wedding of John & Lill and saying here is a toast to John & Jackie who just happens to be the former wife of the groom (the wedding scenario I quote actually did happen).

Anyway muzby we can agree to disagree and look at it from different perspectives but I just hope that when I kick the bucket that someone in here doesn't say "gees we will sure miss muzby" as evidently we are very similar in nature and easily mistaken for each other.

Here's to 2021 and all that.

slippery5

Juniors
Still remember being in ore of him coaching Westfields High before it became Westfields Sports High & playing my heart out while versing them hoping he would notice me.
Footnote: Sharkie Greg Mullane was our coach but I didn't give a rats what he thought.

About 10 years ago I read a newspaper report on that years Terry Fox Run. There was an accompanying photo of Fox with the caption “Terry Fox - Who will be running in this years fun run”

Terry Fox died in 1981.

Gareth67

First Grade
Oh for the days of Peter Frilingos - Bill Mordey - Ray Chesterton and you can throw in Tiger Black for good measure .

Old Timer

Coach
India ride their luck early
By Sam Worthington11:07
India has survived the opening onslaught from the Aussie quicks, progressing to 2-94.

Skipper Ajinkya Rahane (19*) has rode his luck, edging Mitchell Starc twice through slips.

Cheteshwar Pujara (21* from 84 balls) has dropped anchor at the other end and this is a massive partnership for the tourists.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F2e4abb7e-302a-49eb-a4e9-ea3e70a84188

Starc started around the wicket which was a talking point in the Fox Cricket commentary box.

"I'm a bit surprised personally," Mike Hussey said.

"I thought starting over and then looking to swing the ball back into the right hander late is a dangerous delivery."

For heaven's sake. It's about the passing a great player and a family man.

I agree, It’s been a very hard-hearted and somewhat callous discussion.

Sometimes it’s better to focus on the intent of the story rather than pick the details to pieces.

Last edited:
India ride their luck early
By Sam Worthington11:07
India has survived the opening onslaught from the Aussie quicks, progressing to 2-94.

Skipper Ajinkya Rahane (19*) has rode his luck, edging Mitchell Starc twice through slips.

Cheteshwar Pujara (21* from 84 balls) has dropped anchor at the other end and this is a massive partnership for the tourists.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F2e4abb7e-302a-49eb-a4e9-ea3e70a84188

Starc started around the wicket which was a talking point in the Fox Cricket commentary box.

"I'm a bit surprised personally," Mike Hussey said.

"I thought starting over and then looking to swing the ball back into the right hander late is a dangerous delivery."
Hahaha. Oh dear.

Back when Tiger Woods was king (I think he still is) he was having a press conference. Mentioned there was a two club wind out there today.
A reporter asked “which two clubs”

You probably have to be a golfer to recognise the level of stupidness there.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
Hahaha. Oh dear.

Back when Tiger Woods was king (I think he still is) he was having a press conference. Mentioned there was a two club wind out there today.
A reporter asked “which two clubs”

You probably have to be a golfer to recognise the level of stupidness there.

Is that anything like a two hole slice?
I'd hit off from the 1st and play my second from the 3rd.
Over the years, l've perfected the term, Army golf.

Left, right, left, right, left, right ...............

Old Timer

Coach
Extract form news item on Nine News Sports

"Smith has played a record 430 NRL games since debuting for Melbourne in 2002.

He won his third official NRL premiership with the club when the Storm toppled the Penrith Panthers in last year's grand final."

FMD that type of reporting just shits me to tears.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Extract form news item on Nine News Sports

"Smith has played a record 430 NRL games since debuting for Melbourne in 2002.

He won his third official NRL premiership with the club when the Storm toppled the Penrith Panthers in last year's grand final."

FMD that type of reporting just shits me to tears.
What’s incorrect there?

He’s won three premierships.

The Storm beat the Panfers in the final.

Did they get his total games played wrong?

Old Timer

Coach
What’s incorrect there?

He’s won three premierships.

The Storm beat the Panfers in the final.

Did they get his total games played wrong?
It's all about the inference muzby.

Why did the journalist need to include the word "official" premierships is there anything but official premierships?

Well in the eyes of this journalist evidently there are and they are the obviously the ones related to them being stripped for cheating so where was the word "cheating" in the article.

Maybe I could rewrite to for him

Cameron Smith has won 3 premierships whilst playing for the Storm and also played for them during the period where they blatantly cheated the salary cap and as a result had 3 minor premierships and 2 premierships stripped from them and they were also forced to play for no points for an entire season such was the gravity of their cheating and sadly as a result of all that the NRL now has several holes in its winning club legacy which had previously been continuos.

That is the "official" version.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It's all about the inference muzby.

Why did the journalist need to include the word "official" premierships is there anything but official premierships?

Well in the eyes of this journalist evidently there are and they are the obviously the ones related to them being stripped for cheating so where was the word "cheating" in the article.

Maybe I could rewrite to for him

Cameron Smith has won 3 premierships whilst playing for the Storm and also played for them during the period where they blatantly cheated the salary cap and as a result had 3 minor premierships and 2 premierships stripped from them and they were also forced to play for no points for an entire season such was the gravity of their cheating and sadly as a result of all that the NRL now has several holes in its winning club legacy which had previously been continuos.

That is the "official" version.
There’s nothing wrong with the inference.

He’s lifted the trophy 5 times, only 3 times count as official premierships in the record books.

It’s not an inference, it’s fact.

Surely you’ve made enough of a goose out of yourself with this thread already without the need to keep bumping it with more examples?

Old Timer

Coach
There’s nothing wrong with the inference.

He’s lifted the trophy 5 times, only 3 times count as official premierships in the record books.

It’s not an inference, it’s fact.

Surely you’ve made enough of a goose out of yourself with this thread already without the need to keep bumping it with more examples?
You are a complete and utter f**kwit with no reasoning ability and just live to troll with your abstract reasoning.

He has won 3 premierships and no unofficial premierships so absolutely no need for the word official to be used in the article.

The article never stated he lifted the trophy 5 times but win 3 premierships as you stated and if the article did it would have needed to explain that the Storm cheated so to avoid that tarnish he used the word “official” therefore alluding to there were more.

Now having sorted that out why don’t you get your sorry arse back to the swamp and provide the evidence you said you were going to post?

You made a lot of big bold statements in the main forum that got sent to the swamp, then you doubled down but pulled up short on evidence.

Maybe you’re a journo and wrote the article I picked out?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You are a complete and utter f**kwit with no reasoning ability and just live to troll with your abstract reasoning.

He has won 3 premierships and no unofficial premierships so absolutely no need for the word official to be used in the article.

The article never stated he lifted the trophy 5 times but win 3 premierships as you stated and if the article did it would have needed to explain that the Storm cheated so to avoid that tarnish he used the word “official” therefore alluding to there were more.

Now having sorted that out why don’t you get your sorry arse back to the swamp and provide the evidence you said you were going to post?

You made a lot of big bold statements in the main forum that got sent to the swamp, then you doubled down but pulled up short on evidence.

Maybe you’re a journo and wrote the article I picked out?
So far in this thread you’ve disrespected human being by using his passing & subsequent permission by his wife to raise awareness of a serious issue to have a crack about a picture that you didn’t like..

And now you’re having a crack about something that isn’t actually anything..

I’m offering some friendly advice as you’re not doing yourself any favours, but feel free to carry on.

Have a great night.

Old Timer

Coach
So far in this thread you’ve disrespected human being by using his passing & subsequent permission by his wife to raise awareness of a serious issue to have a crack about a picture that you didn’t like..

And now you’re having a crack about something that isn’t actually anything..

I’m offering some friendly advice as you’re not doing yourself any favours, but feel free to carry on.

Have a great night.
Lol you really are a piece of works.

Something very nasty must have happened to you and probably repeatedly for you to come up with cock eyed conclusions you make.

If you really want me to have a good night how about you go over to the swamp like I asked you to do and provide the information you said you have?