What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THe problem is the how, not the what

aqua_duck

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
You didn't rate him? Melbourne did and they're coming first and the benchmark of recruitment.
now your putting words in my mouth. I implied that he was overpaid, I never said he wasn't 1st grade standard or anything like that. At Melbourne he's playing for peanuts, and he seems to actually be putting in an effort, here he was getting paid 250-300k a year make 7 hit ups and 20 tackles a game.
Honestly how many clubs would pay 300k a year for clint newton?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
aqua_duck said:
now your putting words in my mouth. I implied that he was overpaid, I never said he wasn't 1st grade standard or anything like that. At Melbourne he's playing for peanuts, and he seems to actually be putting in an effort, here he was getting paid 250-300k a year make 7 hit ups and 20 tackles a game.
Honestly how many clubs would pay 300k a year for clint newton?

Look does anyone apart from the CEO know how much players are getting paid? Eric Grothe was reported as getting close too 300,000 for the next 3 years, but people close to the club are laughing and saying it was more closer too 180,000-200,000

aqua_duck

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
Look does anyone apart from the CEO know how much players are getting paid? Eric Grothe was reported as getting close too 300,000 for the next 3 years, but people close to the club are laughing and saying it was more closer too 180,000-200,000
I'm not sure on the figure exactly but I'm pretty confident newton would have signed for very good money considering he played his arse off last time he was off contract. But honestly answer my question, would you pay over 250k a year for clint newton?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
aqua_duck said:
I'm not sure on the figure exactly but I'm pretty confident newton would have signed for very good money considering he played his arse off last time he was off contract. But honestly answer my question, would you pay over 250k a year for clint newton?

No, but answer my question, are you sure he was on 250,000?

aqua_duck

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
No, but answer my question, are you sure he was on 250,000?
From what I've heard, it suggests he was on between 200-300k a year, but I'll stick my head out and say he was on atleast without breaking a sweat 200k a year. Considering he's made PM's XIII, and country origin, and reyno hasn't played any rep footy I'd be surprised if he wasn't on more than reyno, who is on 200-240k a year

Latest posts