What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The prospective QLD side looking good in 2012.

isaiah

Bench
Bzzzzzt!! Wrong.

The request was made to provide evidence where Mal said "Origin is Dead". Not "...any articles that had Mal's comments....". Nothing has been produced to that effect, because they don't exist. That is the point. The article is irrelevant because it doesn't quote Mal saying the quote that myth denotes to him. That is the point. The article bears a by-line which can only be attributed to the journalist. That is the point.

So what that you acknowledge that Mal didn't say what is being attributed to him? It's f*cking obvious. Are we supposed to salute you for that?

Mal was making the point that State Of Origin exists because the QLDers were sick of playing against their own state sides whilst wearing NSW jerseys. That's the point. That's the entire reason for the formation of the best and toughest Rugby League contest ever. Queenslanders wanted State Of Origin. Arthurson and the ARL resisted repeated calls for it. They relented and allowed one game. That one game proved to be such a boon for League followers and such a publicity boost for the ARL that they couldn't ignore it. That remains true more than 30 years later.

You have Queensderpers to thank for that. Goose.

agree

Mr Fourex

Bench
I read the article, and posted the relevant line.

I'm not disputing the fact that NSW have panicked over the years, it's completely irrelevant to your argument. You asked someone to post any articles that had Mal's comments, which I did. I even acknowledged the fact that he didn't say "origin is dead".

goose.

Yes you did Jud........kudos to you for being man enough to be honest in your posting. That is most un-NSW like. Perhaps you have some QLD heritage running through your veins?

Now...... where are all the NSW liars and f*cktards who have been bleating on about this everytime somebody from QLD gets the upper hand in an Origin discussion.

Crybabies like Knightmare (who actually has this lie as his signature) use this made up bullshit to try and excuse fellow NSW pea hearts and themselves when they claim that origin doesn't mean anything to them anymore.

I can almost hear his bedroom door slamming shut now as he throws himself into his pillow and sobs away the disenchanted sorrow that comes from following a team of perennial losers.

Knightmare_.jpg

Jud

Juniors
Whilst I may live in Queensland, I'm a born and bred blue and will continue to support them until the day I die (or perhaps if origin dies beforehand :lol:)

The "perennial losers" term gets under my skin though. For the majority of the last 6 years I have been happy with the effort NSW have put in. It might not have been the same teams I would have selected, but have to go with the 17 lads that pull the jersey on. And let's be honest here, the Queensland side will probably go down as one of the best ever, fullstop.

Like every year, I am confident we can get the result this year. Provided we have the right people, in the right positions, it comes down to a 50/50 proposition, and who turns up on the night. I could easily bag a number of players who have played like cats previously, but if they pull the jersey on, I will be cheering hard and loud for them.

Whilst I may live in Queensland, I'm a born and bred blue and will continue to support them until the day I die (or perhaps if origin dies beforehand :lol:)
I could easily bag a number of players who have played like cats previously, but if they pull the jersey on, I will be cheering hard and loud for them.

As you should. From the spectator's viewpoint Origin is about cheering for your team.