What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The PSP

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Got my brother to pick me up one of these babys while he was overseas.
Firstly the screen is a thing of beauty. UMD Movies look DVD quality and it's hard to look at the standard LCD's the same as this thing completey trounces them. Encoding your own movies/clips is pretty easy as well.
As for games Wipeout pure is a must get but it'd be best to avoid Rengoku. I plan on picking up a few more games soon(Ridge Racers and Lumines).
I'd rate the graphics as somewhere between PS2 and DC. The games have a high poly count and nice effects but the textures are a little low res and jaggies are quite noticeable. The little analog "nub" sucks though, stick with using the d-pad for playing games. Other then that it's comfortable to hold and feels quite familar to using a Dual Shock.
Another thing to mention is the emulation. There are emulators for SNES, Mega Drive, Neo Geo CD, Master System, NES, MSX, PC Engine/Turbo Grafix and even a Playstation one is in the works!
All run excellent(SNES, Mega Drive and Neo Geo need a bit more work but already run well) except for the playstation one which is very early on at the moment.
Unfortuntley you won't be ablt to run the emu's on the Aussie PSP's as they use a new firmware but hopefully they can crack it as the emu's are one of the best features of the PSP.

Anyway if your a gadget person I recommend getting one as it's one of the coolest gadgets ever. If your after it just for games you would probably be best to wait for a few more games to come out or until the new firmware is cracked.

elyod138

Bench
I think you can with the new web browser but i'm not sure what types of video are supported.