What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Real Team

Anonymous

Juniors
:lol:

I dunno if you're trying to keep stirring the pot reefy, now that Ando has gone, but you must be out of your mind. Franze, fair call. Saleh? No thanks. Green?? I'd have Gallen in my team any day of the week.

imasharkie

Coach
btr you're spot on with what you say except with gallen. As long as he keeps his arms down and stays on the field he'll go alright and I'm not happy about bails in the centres. I reckon he should be on the bench in place of sully.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Gallen is solid & Ido liek him.
But people are talking up this Green guy. & that is something people don't do about Bosnich or Gallen.
for mine they are the depth, not the starters.

blacktip-reefy said:
I can't imagine a team holding up the sheild that has Gallen, & Bosnich in it.
Let alone Bird & Reick.
For mine, it could have been stronger.

Saleh, Franze, Green & I'm not sure about his status, but williams too.

You might be right about Bosnich, Bird, and Rieck. But I can imagine Gallen holding up the shield, I reckon he's a good player who keeps getting better (As long as he improves his tendency for illegal tackles.).

Anonymous

Juniors
If Cronulla do well this year, I think Gallen will be one of the key reasons for the rise. I see lots of potential in him.

I don't see the same in Bosnich, but I'd rather him than Sullivan..

Either way, this is the best line up Cronulla has named in 12 months, so I'm reasonably pleased.

cheese

Bench
roosters won the cup with bonetti .........bosnich plays a similar game

bosnich will have plenty eating their words by round 5

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Hey I hope so.
I don't know about eating their words, because, nobody says anything about him.
He's like white rice. Just there.

cheese

Bench
lol

naa...there's plenty of knockers. but its fairly warranted. he was f**king awful in his time in the backrow, he could barely catch a cold.

but he seemed to find new legs at #9. i'd probably rather someone a bit flashier too, but atleast he's gonna hold his own in defense, and his speed and passing game is surprisingly good for a fat ugly prik

Special K

Coach
Gallen has a great workrate. His a scary fudger too when he gets going.

But I do see him being pushed to the bench when Bailey moves back to the 2nd row.

ali

Bench
I thought Gallen was one of our better players last year, and was showing signs of developing into a very good player.

As for Green he's a great prospect, but unless he's miraculously improved on last year, he's nowhere near first grade yet. To play first grade at 18 as a front rower, you've got to be something special. Green is good, but not anything out of the ordinary.

imasharkie

Coach
The first half of last season Gallen was the stand out player for us and then he got suspended and when he came back he just wasn't the same.

Sportsjock

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
What's wrong with Franze? Superior to both Bailey and McGoldrick!

Franze MUST be injured is he? Surely the sharks coaches are not STUPID enough to leave a player of Franzes class out of the first round game?

The guy is all class, and has representative ability - I made a statement that if he was fully fit he would push for at least City v Country this year - well for god knows what reason he cant even make the Sharks first grade team, behind McGoldrick?!?!??!!

Someones gotta be playing an April 1st joke prematurely...

coolumsharkie

Referee
I told a bloke at the pub tonight to watch out for a kid called Galloway....This will be a good year for him....we are lucky to habe such depth to leave out franze and newtom...I'm impressed 8)

Card Shark

Immortal
We cant pick everybody. At least plenty of discussion is occurring on omissions from the 17. This all comes back to good depth within the club. Everyone will get their chance to shine but importantly when they do get that chance, they will be keen to impress due to lack of positions up for grabs.

Macca

Coach
We cant pick everybody. At least plenty of discussion is occurring on omissions from the 17. This all comes back to good depth within the club.

So true. So exciting!

Docking

Juniors
Eskimo Sharkie said:
I still think Bailey shouldn't be in the centres, too slow, but that's not a bad side.

I agree that Bailey is too slow for the centres, I remember last year when we played Penrith seeing Wesser continually run to the outside of him and zip past him and Bailey couldn't turn around fast enough.
It probably happened a lot more than that while he was in the centres.

Still, I doubt that Wilson and Elford are gonna trouble him in that department too much.

Houdini

First Grade
I would have proferred Franze over McGoldrick in the centres, but it will be good to see how McGoldrick goes.

Nice to see Lomu in the starting line up too