What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE RED V NOSTALGIA THREAD

blue bags

First Grade
My first recollections of the Dragon's were the mid 70s when my older cousin took me. I am sure they used to play the Ferdi Dominelli song and that bird with the yellowish beek was there at Jubilee but others might recall differently.

Also remember Skull outside the ground next to the old grandstand looking through the fence as probably was banned from entering the ground.
Yes skull would climb the tree on the outside of the Kogarah oval
Ferdi dommeleli . Ford dealership Hurstville

justadragon

Bench
I heard that the St George Leagues Club forked out big coin to keep the Steelers solvent/viable with the payback for us being a larger junior nursery. I suspect the SGJRL were doing fine and did not need the Steelers.
Yeah agree RVH, they needed money and we needed players to ensure our survival, it was mooted at some stage that we could have merged with Cronulla, but I'm pretty sure neither side wanted that. While we maintained some sort of domination over Cronulla for a few years, the scum have totally become the dominant club in every facet of the game.

justadragon

Bench
My first recollections of the Dragon's were the mid 70s when my older cousin took me. I am sure they used to play the Ferdi Dominelli song and that bird with the yellowish beek was there at Jubilee but others might recall differently.

Also remember Skull outside the ground next to the old grandstand looking through the fence as probably was banned from entering the ground.
Yep it was him and the phantom siren

HenryTatana

Juniors
Fond recollection as a teenager we would watch the game near the old toilet block at the northern end of the ground behind the goal posts. As practical jokers we used to put a flag over the “WO” on the WOMEN sign and watch blokes walk into the ladies. Ah the things we used to do.

56to66

Juniors
I have been saying this for the last 10 years, St George have been urinated on, pooped on, the NRL has 0 history, 0 nostalgia, a club that broke the record for most premierships in a Row, for any real contact sports, never has been broken, never will be broken. The English Premier League have looked after the original legendary soccer teams, Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, these clubs are always in top of the league, St George is like one of these clubs, however they are treated like some 3rd division Swansea City team
My support originated from the stories, Miss Granny from next door, told me about how the Great St George team used to use the crankshaft like a hot potato, however the shaft is now used in many other ways.

Latest posts