What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ref

Sharkie73

Bench
Can someone explain to me firstly. Noddy cops a high shot around the neck, The shark players say to the ref that was a high shot sir: Ref's reply
"Look he's ok his up :shock: "
Noddy does the same thing and gets penalised.
What happened to consistancey.

Docking

Juniors
The ref was bias, we should accept it, it has always been that way.

Old timers will remember that we were cheated out of the 78 premiership due to referring errors.

Quint

Juniors
It's the NRL,you have to expect ordinary officiating.
Too many rules.

not using the resources available to enforce them.

Anonymous

Juniors
With all due respect, I thought the tigers copped it from the ref if either team did. It was fairly even first half, but the first 15 minutes of the second half, we couldn't take a trick with the ref. The "late" hit by Gibbs that gave you a penalty for instance. I think you are clutching at straws.

Docking

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
With all due respect, I thought the tigers copped it from the ref if either team did. It was fairly even first half, but the first 15 minutes of the second half, we couldn't take a trick with the ref. The "late" hit by Gibbs that gave you a penalty for instance. I think you are clutching at straws.

Quite frankly,

Your team is sub standard. Still a few years away from the finals.

Our team was competing for a grand final spot only two years ago. We have taken a massive slide with no obvious light at the end of our tunnel.

Down that path again. :roll: :roll: We lost. Simple. We were awarded a try that we shouldn't have been. So make that 12 nil. We played pretty ordinary football. That happens. It is impossible for a team to play perfect every week. Not humanly possible.

Beats

Juniors
I agree, the ref wasn't consistent, especially with the high tackle calls. I think that definitely needs to be looked at but, you can only play to the ref. Unless its a game like the parra one last year, you really can't blame them for a loss

Deano

Juniors
The ref was fine mate, i was a bit angry with some of the calls at the start but i can see how tigers fans would have been very angry if they had lost.

Anonymous

Juniors
Docking said:
Balmain_Boy said:

Quite frankly,

Your team is sub standard. Still a few years away from the finals.

Our team was competing for a grand final spot only two years ago. We have taken a massive slide with no obvious light at the end of our tunnel.

Listen I don't want to take this path of you accusing my team of being sub standard blah blah blah. I really don't care what you think. Besides what the hell does that have to do with the ref?

Some of you should quit whinging about having no light at the end of the tunnel - Your team has the likes of vagana, peachey, stevens and kimmorley. Give it time and stop expecting instant success.

Furthermore stop trying to take pot shots at my team - maybe we are sub standard, at least i've had the loyalty to support a team that has been shit since I can remember.

Apologies to the other sharkies fans. You have to realise you have a few very classy players, and your flegg team is shit hot, not to mention up and comers like Keith Galloway. Every team goes through rough patches, just ride through it.

Docking

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
[
Listen I don't want to take this path of you accusing my team of being sub standard blah blah blah. I really don't care what you think. Besides what the hell does that have to do with the ref?

Some of you should quit whinging about having no light at the end of the tunnel - Your team has the likes of vagana, peachey, stevens and kimmorley. Give it time and stop expecting instant success.

Furthermore stop trying to take pot shots at my team - maybe we are sub standard, at least i've had the loyalty to support a team that has been sh*t since I can remember.

Apologies to the other sharkies fans. You have to realise you have a few very classy players, and your flegg team is sh*t hot, not to mention up and comers like Keith Galloway. Every team goes through rough patches, just ride through it.

I'm not saying your team is terrible, just that you need a few key players to lift you too premiership status.

We unfortunately have much further to go. Vagana and our other omission, Merritt, will not be enough to save our side from battling it out with the wooder spooners.

You should be pleased, at least you showed you aren't in the same realm as bottom teams like us.

Anonymous

Juniors
Bullshit. Have a bit of confidence. You played bad tonight. So did we to be honest. You just played worse, and it sounds cliched, but experience got the tigers home.
Keeping the team hanging in there.

We may not be premiership standard at this stage, but who cares. My team gave it there all tonight and that's all I can do. Try and look for the positives, at least for the first 4 weeks. If it's still the same, then fall on your sword ;-)

Docking

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
bullsh*t. Have a bit of confidence. You played bad tonight. So did we to be honest. You just played worse, and it sounds cliched, but experience got the tigers home.
Keeping the team hanging in there.

We may not be premiership standard at this stage, but who cares. My team gave it there all tonight and that's all I can do. Try and look for the positives, at least for the first 4 weeks. If it's still the same, then fall on your sword ;-)

To be quite honest, I would love to see the Tigers up there and fighting it out with the big spending teams. I would adore a Tigers premiership over the Rooster, Panthers, Knights, Warrirors....

We are just shatterred because last year was so dreadful , we really wanted a good start to the year to keep our chins up, thats all....

Generalzod

Immortal
Chicken_Hunter said:
What about the ONLY try the sharks scored that should not have been a try...

Other than the Senter try, the other 2 tries were pretty match ordinary