What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The refs

Joely01

Bench
There hasnt been much said on this forum regarding refs this year so thought id start something.
This has to be one of the worst years of refeering i can remember, its scary that its only 7 weeks or so before the end of the season and they are still just making horible calls to not just us (hayne pass to burt other night) but other teams, im fearing that this years finals series could be one of the worst due to the refs.
whats everyone else thoughts on the refs this year?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agree mate, we have 2 refs but seem to have more mistakes. How many forward passes are incorrectly called???? The only thing the 2 refs have improved is quicken up the play the ball area. Except in last years GF off course :roll:

Delboy

First Grade
It is not an easy job I see the refs in junior league every week and I can tell you it is difficult.

The TV replays etc are not fair to them given slow mo and so on, maybe it's time to ease up, not that I believe Finch is the right person for the job.

Daneel

Bench
Look i thought the refs were very ordinary on the weekend just gone. As for the whole year the same thing probably gets said every year. When the ref has to make a judgement call on the spot i don't have a massive problem if he gets it wrong it is a hard job. Video refs on the other hand grrrrrrr.

Joely01

Bench
It is not an easy job I see the refs in junior league every week and I can tell you it is difficult.

The TV replays etc are not fair to them given slow mo and so on, maybe it's time to ease up, not that I believe Finch is the right person for the job.

We now have 5 people watching and making calls during the game (2touchies 2refs and video)
they still cant pick up on things like forward passes and most 10min binnings this year have been rushed decisions i think about 70% of binnings this year have been wrong. this is cause by the refs being to inexperienced and intimidated.

Daneel

Bench
We now have 5 people watching and making calls during the game (2touchies 2refs and video)
they still cant pick up on things like forward passes and most 10min binnings this year have been rushed decisions i think about 70% of binnings this year have been wrong. this is cause by the refs being to inexperienced and intimidated.

That stat sounds like one of the 80% of all stats that are made up. :lol:

Joely01

Bench
Like i said, thats a made up stat whether it be your thoughts or not.
So your happy with the way the refs are controlling the game at the moment?
Like seriously we are supposed to have the best league competition in the world but when rogers gets sin binned for what he did and when burgess gets penalised for what he did as a supporter of the game not just parra i get extremely worried that one of the closest cometitions we have ever had in years, is going to be ruined by the refs.

i don't think they are making any more blunders than other years just that the media mainly the telegraph are tring to get rid of Robert Finch and are blowing up every mistake to make it look worse.

Daneel

Bench
So your happy with the way the refs are controlling the game at the moment?
Like seriously we are supposed to have the best league competition in the world but when rogers gets sin binned for what he did and when burgess gets penalised for what he did as a supporter of the game not just parra i get extremely worried that one of the closest cometitions we have ever had in years, is going to be ruined by the refs.

What does that have to with saying your stat about sinbinnings is made up. I had my 2 cents on your thoughts of the refs. If you want to know what they are i suggest you re-read the thread. Only 65% of everything you read obviously sinks in. That stat is in the range of 20% of stats that are not made up. ;-)

eElz1

Juniors
The main issue more of these blunders are noticed more this year is the comp is alot more closer. the games are closer so these wrong calls are affecting the outcome of the game.

SDM

First Grade
I think they have been great, sure there is some human error, but unless we get cyborg refs, that will continue.
Lots of games have less than 10 penalties, and the football is on display, not Harrigans whistle.
Pass mark from me.

SDM

First Grade
Also, if they miss a forward pass which not only wins us a game, but makes Moanly fans cry for a fortnight, they are doing fine.