What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Restaurant, Mk II

There is this Restaurant I go to frequently, every weekend during from March to the First week of October, it isn't open during the other months because it's off season for it's best selling main course, Lobster.

It has a large sign out front of the Restaurant that proclaims: "This is not a serious Restaurant".

The atmosphere of this Restaurant is pretty different to what most people who frequent Restaurants in my area are probably used to, it tends toward the slapstick, with pies in the face for the odd patron and waiters, the odd fart joke, the odd slam of one of the Patrons and the occasional insult of the Waiters and Maitre D by each other. But, they also serve the best Lobster in the area. It's mouthwatering. It also comes within the theme of the Restaurant itself so if you want the Lobster and you want to enjoy the Lobster, you will more than likely need to enjoy the atmosphere as well. I love Lobster and I like the atmosphere and that's why I go to that Restaurant every weekend.

There is a problem though. Something strikes me as bit strange about some of the patrons, I'll call them the Transients. The Transients will come in, sit down and are immediately be offended by what's going on. They hate the jokes and the comical songs that the staff sing. They'll snarl and curse under their breath as the food is brought to them but most of them don't leave, they hang around with the other people who stay because they like the place. Some leave and come back next week for a short time and leave again, it strikes me that they're hoping that in that time the Restaurant will change.

Funny people those Transients. They seem intelligent if not somewhat full of their own importance from what I can gather but for some bizarre and inexplicable reason, they keep coming back to this Restaurant, week after week. The Transient Transients and the Permanent Transients, I see them all every week, rain, hail or shine.

Then I spoke to a few of the Transients, both types. It turns out that they're all upset because this Restaurant is one of the few places around that has Lobster (apparently the only Lobster farmer in the area has decided that this is the only Restaurant that they'll allow to serve Lobsters, apart from the Government run Restaurant down the road....but no one ever eats there)on the menu and because they want their Lobster in a serious manner, they've decided they're going to hate the Maitre D.

Not the Owner of the Restaurant, not the Lobster supplier, the Transients hate the Maitre D en masse. Apparently it's all his fault that they can't get serious Lobster.

When I ask why they blame the Maitre D they can't answer with any clarity, their eyes roll back in their head, their faces turn the colour of a twenty dollar note and they explode with rage about the Maitre D and how he's done them wrong. I tell them that I think their beef is with the Lobster farmer but they call me a Cro-Magnon for not agreeing with them and for enjoying the Restaurant in it's current form.

I find it hard to understand that they wouldn't just go to another Restaurant so I suggest to the Transients that maybe they should go to the Government Restaurant, they refuse this suggestion point blank. The Transients want the Maitre D of this Restaurant to serve them Lobster in a serious manner or they're going to complain about it.

And the Transients do complain. But no one listens. Why?

Because they complain about the Maitre D. It is an obsession with some of them and the Maitre D knows it.

The Maitre D is content to keep the patrons who like his Restaurant happy and ignores the Transients. In doing so he knows that they'll talk about him. They'll talk about him incessantly and as he's been in this business for a number of years he accepts the old adage that the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

When a Transient gets to speak to the Maitre D he gives them short shift and dismisses them out of hand. He only want to keep the Patrons who enjoy the Restaurant happy because he knows from prior experience that if he changes the Restaurant back to a serious Restaurant, the patronage will drop significantly and it's his job to get as many patrons through the door as possible.

The Maitre D has used his experience to make the Restaurant a success. The owner of the Restaurant is happy with the Maitre D and the Waiters and how the Restaurant is being run so he sees no reason to change it.

The Maitre D doesn't force the Transients to come to the Restaurant, in fact, he doesn't like them one bit and doesn't hide that fact. But they keep coming anyway, trying to force him to change what is obviously a successful business.

So why should the owner of the Restaurant or the Maitre D change the way they do things just for the Transients?

Anonymous

Juniors
A fair and reasonable argument. My only beef is when this non-serious restaurant decides to stop serving the lobster at 7.30 on a Saturday evening - especially when the government run joint down the road has changed its meal of the day to something not of my tastes.

roopy

Referee
I gave that restaurant a recipe once and they have used it about 6000 times.
The funny thing is, I didn't even like it. In fact, I hated the recipe.

Anonymous

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
There is this Restaurant I go to frequently, every weekend during from March to the First week of October, it isn't open during the other months because it's off season for it's best selling main course, Lobster.

It has a large sign out front of the Restaurant that proclaims: "This is not a serious Restaurant".

The atmosphere of this Restaurant is pretty different to what most people who frequent Restaurants in my area are probably used to, it tends toward the slapstick, with pies in the face for the odd patron and waiters, the odd fart joke, the odd slam of one of the Patrons and the occasional insult of the Waiters and Maitre D by each other. But, they also serve the best Lobster in the area. It's mouthwatering. It also comes within the theme of the Restaurant itself so if you want the Lobster and you want to enjoy the Lobster, you will more than likely need to enjoy the atmosphere as well. I love Lobster and I like the atmosphere and that's why I go to that Restaurant every weekend.

There is a problem though. Something strikes me as bit strange about some of the patrons, I'll call them the Transients. The Transients will come in, sit down and are immediately be offended by what's going on. They hate the jokes and the comical songs that the staff sing. They'll snarl and curse under their breath as the food is brought to them but most of them don't leave, they hang around with the other people who stay because they like the place. Some leave and come back next week for a short time and leave again, it strikes me that they're hoping that in that time the Restaurant will change.

Funny people those Transients. They seem intelligent if not somewhat full of their own importance from what I can gather but for some bizarre and inexplicable reason, they keep coming back to this Restaurant, week after week. The Transient Transients and the Permanent Transients, I see them all every week, rain, hail or shine.

Then I spoke to a few of the Transients, both types. It turns out that they're all upset because this Restaurant is one of the few places around that has Lobster (apparently the only Lobster farmer in the area has decided that this is the only Restaurant that they'll allow to serve Lobsters, apart from the Government run Restaurant down the road....but no one ever eats there)on the menu and because they want their Lobster in a serious manner, they've decided they're going to hate the Maitre D.

Not the Owner of the Restaurant, not the Lobster supplier, the Transients hate the Maitre D en masse. Apparently it's all his fault that they can't get serious Lobster.

When I ask why they blame the Maitre D they can't answer with any clarity, their eyes roll back in their head, their faces turn the colour of a twenty dollar note and they explode with rage about the Maitre D and how he's done them wrong. I tell them that I think their beef is with the Lobster farmer but they call me a Cro-Magnon for not agreeing with them and for enjoying the Restaurant in it's current form.

I find it hard to understand that they wouldn't just go to another Restaurant so I suggest to the Transients that maybe they should go to the Government Restaurant, they refuse this suggestion point blank. The Transients want the Maitre D of this Restaurant to serve them Lobster in a serious manner or they're going to complain about it.

And the Transients do complain. But no one listens. Why?

Because they complain about the Maitre D. It is an obsession with some of them and the Maitre D knows it.

The Maitre D is content to keep the patrons who like his Restaurant happy and ignores the Transients. In doing so he knows that they'll talk about him. They'll talk about him incessantly and as he's been in this business for a number of years he accepts the old adage that the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

When a Transient gets to speak to the Maitre D he gives them short shift and dismisses them out of hand. He only want to keep the Patrons who enjoy the Restaurant happy because he knows from prior experience that if he changes the Restaurant back to a serious Restaurant, the patronage will drop significantly and it's his job to get as many patrons through the door as possible.

The Maitre D has used his experience to make the Restaurant a success. The owner of the Restaurant is happy with the Maitre D and the Waiters and how the Restaurant is being run so he sees no reason to change it.

The Maitre D doesn't force the Transients to come to the Restaurant, in fact, he doesn't like them one bit and doesn't hide that fact. But they keep coming anyway, trying to force him to change what is obviously a successful business.

So why should the owner of the Restaurant or the Maitre D change the way they do things just for the Transients?

i didnt read the whole thing. can someone give me the moral of the story?

Zef

Juniors
EELectrocuted said:

Amen to that. Hey EA you ought to get into The F7's if you're not already, but remember this here ain't the F7's.

You got the McDonalds version?

Zef said:
EELectrocuted said:

Amen to that. Hey EA you ought to get into The F7's if you're not already, but remember this here ain't the F7's.

You got the McDonalds version?

F7's? Is that like a slower F1's?

Maccas version....

Don't like Ray Hadley?

Don't listen.

EELectrocuted said:

err, moral..

Hadley....bad....

People who think Hadley bad should listen to 2SERFM.

Don't pick your nose with a red hot poker.

El Garbo said:
A fair and reasonable argument. My only beef is when this non-serious restaurant decides to stop serving the lobster at 7.30 on a Saturday evening - especially when the government run joint down the road has changed its meal of the day to something not of my tastes.

The Restaurant decides to not put the Lobster on after 7.30 on Saturday. I'd like it too but they don't believe it will rate at that time because all the Cro-Magnon dance parties are held on a Saturday night.

I never miss one.

Zef

Juniors
Maccas version....
Don't like Ray Hadley?
Don't listen.

Well who does who isn't over 60 anyway (Benny Hill fans aside)?

But what the hell does that have to do with the price of a Big Mac?

Zef

Juniors
The Restaurant decides to not put the Lobster on after 7.30 on Saturday. I'd like it too but they don't believe it will rate at that time because all the Cro-Magnon dance parties are held on a Saturday night.

Do they do Prawns and oysters?

Maybe a snapper?

OVP

Coach
Mr 2GB you forgot to mention that sometimes this Restaurant cannot even be bothered serving the lobster at around the 7:30pm timeslot on a Saturday night, while their loyal patrons sit around and wait for it with hope in their eyes, knowing full well that this Restaurant really doesnt give a rats about them. This is usually the busiest time of the week for Restaurants, is it not ? Its either arrogance or laziness to do this, take your pick and shows a distinct lack of respect for its loyal patrons dont you think ?.

P.S. dont bother giving me the "if you dont like it dont listen" diatribe you are so fond of. You see, i dont listen to it at all. I go to another restaurant that serves lobster at ALL times during the winter months. I like this Restaurant MUCH better. I just thought it might be nice to stand up for the patrons who frequent the Restaurant you mentioned. How nice of moi, dont you agree ?

P.P.S. do you lube up when you visit this famous restaurant of yours or do you go dry-style ? Luckily for us who visit the other Restaurant, we dont have to because we are all treated fabulously well.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
roopy said:
I gave that restaurant a recipe once and they have used it about 6000 times.
The funny thing is, I didn't even like it. In fact, I hated the recipe.

But Roopy, it was a tasty recipe.........for awhile.

Moffo

Referee
EELectrocuted said:

err, moral..

Hadley....bad....

hahaha, a view from the hill i assume? Yeh, quite a biased show, although funny at times with their paranoid thoughts :lol:

Cheers,
Moffo

Misty Bee

First Grade
Yeah, I went to that restaurant.

Stood around waiting at the counter while the matre D kept slanging off at the bloke cooking the 'chippies'. Then he decided he needed therapy, and I haden't even seen the wine list!

I asked for a table with a view, and they shoved me next to the toilets. My entree was slightly uncooked, so I brought it to the attention of the waiter. he said 'It is fine. Its the best ever. 60 peopledined here last night. The other restaurant only got 40!" Despite the fact that food has been banned at the other restaurant, I still decided that I was right. For that, he threw me out!

I thought, Bugger the lobster. Let that tosser run his restaurant. I'll do something he'll NEVER do - go to the footy instead!!!!

OVP said:
Mr 2GB you forgot to mention that sometimes this Restaurant cannot even be bothered serving the lobster at around the 7:30pm timeslot on a Saturday night, while their loyal patrons sit around and wait for it with hope in their eyes, knowing full well that this Restaurant really doesnt give a rats about them. This is usually the busiest time of the week for Restaurants, is it not ? Its either arrogance or laziness to do this, take your pick and shows a distinct lack of respect for its loyal patrons dont you think ?

Yeah, 7.30 is popular. As popular as galloping halotosis in a Tongue Hockey contest.

Why don't they cover 7.30 Saturday matches? Because Saturday night doesn't rate. If you'd read the thread, that's already been noted.

OVP said:
P.S. dont bother giving me the "if you dont like it dont listen" diatribe you are so fond of. You see, i dont listen to it at all. I go to another restaurant that serves lobster at ALL times during the winter months. I like this Restaurant MUCH better. I just thought it might be nice to stand up for the patrons who frequent the Restaurant you mentioned. How nice of moi, dont you agree ?

You're as nice as genital herpes, but 1/2 as smart.

You're not the one standing up for the patrons, I am. You're standing up for the Transients. The ones with the high brows and no chins? You know, closet Union Supporters.

For someone who doesn't listen, you seem to be pretty opinionated about it. Also, how do you know they don't serve Lobster at 7.30 on Saturday if you don't frequent the Restaurant?

Do you disguise yourself cunningly?

Sorry, silly question, forgot for a second who I was talking to.

OVP said:
P.P.S. do you lube up when you visit this famous restaurant of yours or do you go dry-style ? Luckily for us who visit the other Restaurant, we dont have to because we are all treated fabulously well.

You should advertise this "other" Restaurant more often, that way there'd be more than two or three people dining there on the weekends.

I'm fine for lube, your Sister always brings an extra kilo or two.

Zef said:

Do they do Prawns and oysters?

Maybe a snapper?

Not normally, but they're doing turd sandwiches at the moment. They've disguised it as WC something or other.

Moffo said:
EELectrocuted said:

err, moral..

Hadley....bad....

hahaha, a view from the hill i assume? Yeh, quite a biased show, although funny at times with their paranoid thoughts :lol:

Cheers,
Moffo

That's actually the point Moffo. I like the show for pretty much the same reasons but that makes me part of the mental defective majority. I turn it off sometimes too if it's getting annoying and give 2SM a whirl.

The moment these clowns realise that 2GB doesn't have to cater for them if they don't want to, the easier it will be for them to sleep at night.

Latest posts