What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Roos are scared, frightened and yellow!!!

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
The decision to veto the appointment of Black came thanks to a lot of pressure being asserted on the Kiwi's to not vote on the issue.

Its about time League sorted itself out. Neutral refs without issues to clear up are the ones we need, Black was one of those.

Russell Smith is a crap ref. That is besides the point though. He will have been appointed after spending several meeting being told how to ref the game by the Roos. It stinks. He will now go into the game determined to clamp down on the issues raised by the Roos and will be about as neutral as Eddie and Stevo.

On the other hand should GB manage to win the game, the Roos have already packaged up the perfect excuse in that Smith wasn't good enough!

For me this whole farce over refereeing shows that Australia RL, its coach and its administrators are all petrified of GB and the worlds best rugby league player beating them.

The RLIF should just stick two fingers up at them (Literally) and appoint Black.

nqboy

First Grade
What a load of shit you guys are spewing. Smith is clearly the form ref of the three and should have been appointed - no contest.

miccle

Bench
:lol: I just can't get over people calling Farrell the worlds best rugby league player!

Absolutely classic. Best and Fairest of 2004 yes, but best player in the world?

Shame. ;-)

screeny

Bench
At least when the Roos lose their number one excuse cannot be used as they've done so much politicking to get the man they wanted.

They'll just have to resort to one or several of the pitch being a funny shape; their players being tired, the grass being too long/short, the crowd being too noisy.......

ozboy

Juniors
Do poms have anything else to do with their sorry lives rather than whinge and moan about every little thing an Australian proposes !!!

Says alot about your self-esteem !!!!

screeny

Bench
Ozboy, can you seriously suggest us poms have done more whinging during this tri series than the ARL twats?

Tidus_Raider

Bench
A neutral ref thing is BS. Smith is the best going around at the moment and he should be incharge of the most important International League game since the last World Cup final.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I'm loving this war of words by the Pom's. Will make the final all the much better. I've never looked forward to a Test macth this much in my life!

St.John

Juniors
Immortal said:
I'm loving this war of words by the Pom's. Will make the final all the much better. I've never looked forward to a Test macth this much in my life!

Great, isn't it? :D

innsaneink

Referee
Fairleigh Good! said:
The decision to veto the appointment of Black came thanks to a lot of pressure being asserted on the Kiwi's to not vote on the issue.

Its about time League sorted itself out. Neutral refs without issues to clear up are the ones we need, Black was one of those.

Russell Smith is a crap ref. That is besides the point though. He will have been appointed after spending several meeting being told how to ref the game by the Roos. It stinks. He will now go into the game determined to clamp down on the issues raised by the Roos and will be about as neutral as Eddie and Stevo.

On the other hand should GB manage to win the game, the Roos have already packaged up the perfect excuse in that Smith wasn't good enough!

For me this whole farce over refereeing shows that Australia RL, its coach and its administrators are all petrified of GB and the worlds best rugby league player beating them.

The RLIF should just stick two fingers up at them (Literally) and appoint Black.

Smith was just voted international ref of the year, by the same people that voted farrell player of the year.

Your opinion of Smith is noted....whats your opinion of Farrell?

I assume you agrree with his award?

Would you be twisting your opinions just to suit your argument?

Unbelievable....you have the conviction of a cockroach, where you been the last 30 years?

Charge

Juniors
The best ref should not get the final. The best neutral ref should get the final so that there are no claims of leaning towards one team or the other (due to pride or pressure) after the match. Simple really, it's how all other sports do it.