What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rowing Poll

Sally Robbins.....

• "...gave 100% commitment in that boat and it's not for other team member to question her committment" (John Coates)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "...is a serial offender for complete mental weakness and not 'physical exaustion'" (Rachael Taylor)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Razor

Coach
f the other 7 had worked as hard as her, maybe they would never have been in that situation.

She wasn't distressed. Look at her after she got out of the boat. Wasn't troubled at all. Look at sportspeople from other events in the past, including Olympics. They finished the race, totally buggered, can't walk, talk or anything and sometimes even need to go to hospital

Sally gets a little tired so decides to quit. She wasn't even struggling a quarter as much as athletes have in the past, and she decided to throw in the towel.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I am sick of this story already and this could be dragged on forever. The more it gets dragged on the more I feel sorry for Sally. Ok we werent gonna win a medal and were about 5th in the last 100m, but in Sally's case she gave up and couldnt go on. But really you cant pull out no matter what, and thats not what should happen. If it was in gold medal contention, this would be huge. But surely enough is enough, say sorry and lets move. Every sportsman or sportswoman has their blunder. As they say, once you fall off that horse and you get back on that horse.

yakstorm

First Grade
I think the whole thing has been made a bigger incident than it deserved to be. She was exhausted, and giving her the benefit of the doubt and there being little evidence to suggest otherwise (that has been given to the public) we just have to assume she hit the wall.

Not the best decision, but hey these things happen, its like people who have brain explosions. As for the other team mates, I can't believe people are making such a deal of their reactions, it was just after the race had finished, their dreams had been shattered, of course they were going to be annoyed, who wouldn't be? I doubt they meant half of what they said, they just were frustrated and needed to vent it.

Its like being on the football field, and someone misses a tackle you know they could of made, you get annoyed at it, sometimes you feel the need to say something, sometimes you can bite your tongue, but you learn from it and move on and usually by the end of the game, or at least by the next training session your over it.

Razor

Coach
Every sportsman or sportswoman has their blunder

She done this before though, and promised the coach and her teammates it will never happen again and that she was over her mental weaknesses.

She was exhausted

No she wasn't. Look at her interviewed outside the boat. She wasn't suffering exhaustion at all. She might have got a little bit tired so gave up. She's done it before. Look at other athletes who push their bodies to breaking point, and can't do anything after they finish. Sally doesn't have that. She isn't mentally strong enough. If it was the first time it happened, no one would worry as much as they have been, but the fact that she promised others that trusted her that she was completely over her mental weaknesses is a disgrace. She clearly wasn't and Sally would have known that - saying she was exhausted is bullshit, you could see that and even the other rowers saying "Tell the truth", "don't lie", etc. show that everyone knows Sally is mentally weak and Sally won't admit it

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its been blown up because its a team event

if she was a marathon runner, and pulled out, no one would have said anything

Alan Shore

First Grade
I support Sally Robbins.

She can quite rowing and be my girlfriend. One of the hotter Aussie Olympians!

Latest posts