What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Slippery Morris

First Grade
From what I gather what they got out of the meeting was that the CEO can start the process of interviewing the selected candidates which they all would have agreed upon. We did not expect that to be done in 24 hours but at least they are going that way and starting the process. Looks like Hook will be here longer and Bud will be getting more KOE Cup in the mean time.

Unless they lose to the Dogs and Tigers, then surely they will pull the trigger which as we all know will be too late to get anything out of the season.

Hopefully Flanno or Hasler impress in the interviews and can start straight away. All they have to say is they will work this season for minimum wage and start the full wage next year and they may get the nod as they Dragons are cheap skates by the looks of things.

Dragon David

First Grade
Foxsports News reports that as Adam Doueihi will be out of action for more than a year due to a third ACL injury, They will be looking at possible replacements such as Josh Shuster and our own Talatau "Junior" Amone.

"Another rising star linked to the Tigers is the Dragons Talatau ‘Junior’ Amone, who like Schuster, is contracted until the end of next season.

Amone has mixed his form in three starts for the Dragons this year, with the club going 1-2 in those."

Interesting?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Foxsports News reports that as Adam Doueihi will be out of action for more than a year due to a third ACL injury, They will be looking at possible replacements such as Josh Shuster and our own Talatau "Junior" Amone.

"Another rising star linked to the Tigers is the Dragons Talatau ‘Junior’ Amone, who like Schuster, is contracted until the end of next season.

Amone has mixed his form in three starts for the Dragons this year, with the club going 1-2 in those."

Interesting?
Sounds like a crock to me. Why would anyone go after Amone with a court case hanging over his head?

mattchuot

Juniors
Take it with a grain of salt but Hoops on NRL360 said the Storm have earmarked Ryles to succeed Bellamy regardless if he retires at the end of this year or goes around again. I imagine that’d be pretty hard for Ryles to knock back and basically locks him up for the Storm.

shiloh dc

Juniors
So Souths are apparently wanting to sign Jack Wighton for 800K a year even though Canberra have officially registered a 1.1M a year offer (great move Ricky).
I think South should be allowed to sign Wighton for 800K a year but their salary cap should be debited the higher of the contract amount 800K or 90% of any registered offer 990K.
Lets see if Souths are still interested to sign Jack on these terms!

justadragon

Bench
Take it with a grain of salt but Hoops on NRL360 said the Storm have earmarked Ryles to succeed Bellamy regardless if he retires at the end of this year or goes around again. I imagine that’d be pretty hard for Ryles to knock back and basically locks him up for the Storm.
He is contracted to the Roosters until the end of 2024, fits perfectly, he wont be coming to us.

BIG RIG

Juniors
According to Ben Haran on the Dragons podcast we have 3 spots available for this year

But from what I’ve counted we only got 1

could this be an indication that someone is leaving - e.g potentially Fuimaono retirement or am I counting wrong

Latest posts