What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redVinme

Bench
It's so clear to see Liddle wasn't a hook extension. Had minutes reduced weekly to now completely dropped. Idgaf what his reasoning, it's favouritism. I remember the Mbye article saying he wants to be a hooker now, and now dad is making it happen at the neglect of the team and club.

f**k right off

St Tangles

Bench
Hook could well be gone after this weekend.
Liddle should start at 9, hunt moves to 9 when liddle needs a spell and Sullivan in to 7 to inject some speed.
Mbye to be dropped.
Can’t see what Burns has over Couchman either…
Lomax looks slow and could also be time for him to think about becoming an edge back rower…
Lomax would be a better backrower than Burns

Old Timer

Coach
Hook suffered a head knock at training yesterday and the independent video Dr found a brain wave so has sent him for a HIA

When questioned the Dr said that normally Hook is a flat line but seeing a brain wave was most concerning and needs further evaluation

Rumour has it that normal brain pattern will resume by final selection time Sunday

Slippery Morris

First Grade
On twitter somewhere there is a tweet that the Dragons will be making an announcement soon as in the next couple of weeks and it is down to 2 being Flanno and Hasler. Ryles not breaking his contract with the Chooks and looking likely to go to the Storm as he was the only rookie they were interested in. Not sure how true it is. At this stage would be happy with any of those 2 coaches as long as Flanno has no intention of bringing his son from the Dogs and screwing up Bud. I hope Kyle Flanno signs for Manly sooner rather than later before Dragons pull the trigger if it is Shane Flanno to be next Saints coach.

It does not mention if it will be immediate switch or from next season. I really hope it is asap as I see no reason why it can't especially with Hasler who is not coaching at the moment. I can sort of see it possibly being true hence why Hook is putting in his favourites and he and Hunt look so depressed in the press conferences. They may have already been told. Also maybe why Lomax not picked so he does not ruin the party if reports are true that Lomax is on the anti-Hook train.

If Potter can improve the dogs mid season I am sure Hasler or Flanno can do the same at the Saints and improve the way they play at least.

Sad but I am clinging on to this tweet whether it is true or not as hope that we may see change in 2 weeks.

redv13

Bench
On twitter somewhere there is a tweet that the Dragons will be making an announcement soon as in the next couple of weeks and it is down to 2 being Flanno and Hasler. Ryles not breaking his contract with the Chooks and looking likely to go to the Storm as he was the only rookie they were interested in. Not sure how true it is. At this stage would be happy with any of those 2 coaches as long as Flanno has no intention of bringing his son from the Dogs and screwing up Bud. I hope Kyle Flanno signs for Manly sooner rather than later before Dragons pull the trigger if it is Shane Flanno to be next Saints coach.

It does not mention if it will be immediate switch or from next season. I really hope it is asap as I see no reason why it can't especially with Hasler who is not coaching at the moment. I can sort of see it possibly being true hence why Hook is putting in his favourites and he and Hunt look so depressed in the press conferences. They may have already been told. Also maybe why Lomax not picked so he does not ruin the party if reports are true that Lomax is on the anti-Hook train.

If Potter can improve the dogs mid season I am sure Hasler or Flanno can do the same at the Saints and improve the way they play at least.

Sad but I am clinging on to this tweet whether it is true or not as hope that we may see change in 2 weeks.
Either would be a huge step in the right direction

Old Timer

Coach

Taking that all into account then IMO it can only be Hasler which I still severely doubt.

Seibold is new in the job at Manly and has Flano as his assistant so not sure that the Manly hierarchy would want to destabilise their much questioned choice as HC so early in his tenure.

or

Seibold has worked out Flano is a myth and a dud and is more than happy to punt him to us and get someone better suited to help him like Toovey

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Taking that all into account then IMO it can only be Hasler which I still severely doubt.

Seibold is new in the job at Manly and has Flano as his assistant so not sure that the Manly hierarchy would want to destabilise their much questioned choice as HC so early in his tenure.

or

Seibold has worked out Flano is a myth and a dud and is more than happy to punt him to us and get someone better suited to help him like Toovey
Toovey sign on as pathways and junior manager for the Sea Eagles - so he will not be assistance coach.

Old Timer

Coach
Toovey sign on as pathways and junior manager for the Sea Eagles - so he will not be assistance coach.
Yes I knew that and see that as a sign of Toovey burying his hatchet with Manly and I suspect other than Des many Manly old boys will also return to the fold.

If Flanno does come to us then I can see Toovey moving up and being replaced by Crusher Cleal or some other exiled former great of the club.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors

Latest posts