What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
All this media speculation is just that. From now on, just don't bother even reading the rubbish that these journos are feeding everyone. Hunt's manager has refuted any agitation.

For a long time we have said that Hunt should play the hooker as we see him as a capable hooker to enable other changes to be made. Even before Liddle was signed we thought that Hunt should have played hooker during McCullough's period of injuries etc.

Anyway, hopefully we will see the change this weekend and I hope that it will lead to becoming successful if the positional change to Hunt is persisted with. If not over a decent time then we know that when the new coach comes in, he won't bother with Hunt at hooker but will if it works out.

Who cares what these journos are saying.

Mojo

Bench
First thing either Des or Flanno must do is clean out the dead wood from our roster, recruit a marquee half that can steer our team around the park then choose a Top 30 to take us forward instead of backwards as has been the case for the past decade.
Des was himself a pretty handy halfback and hooker wasn't he? Sullivan could hit a jackpot if both Hook and Hunt pull the pin.
Just imagine if these three young dudes (four if you include Liddle) went from Hook as their coach to Hasler and Hornby (fingers and toes crossed). Brains, tactical skills and stellar careers covering half, 5/8, hooker and FB. That's more like it!

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
All this media speculation is just that. From now on, just don't bother even reading the rubbish that these journos are feeding everyone. Hunt's manager has refuted any agitation.

For a long time we have said that Hunt should play the hooker as we see him as a capable hooker to enable other changes to be made. Even before Liddle was signed we thought that Hunt should have played hooker during McCullough's period of injuries etc.

Anyway, hopefully we will see the change this weekend and I hope that it will lead to becoming successful if the positional change to Hunt is persisted with. If not over a decent time then we know that when the new coach comes in, he won't bother with Hunt at hooker but will if it works out.

Who cares what these journos are saying.
“He hasn’t agitated for a release and we’ll let the process unfold”
I read that as nothing to see here yet but if Hook is sacked then we will make a decision, ie agitate for a release.

qld redvee

Juniors
“He hasn’t agitated for a release and we’ll let the process unfold”
I read that as nothing to see here yet but if Hook is sacked then we will make a decision, ie agitate for a release.
And agitate for a release when gus meets him for a coffee and dangles a nice offer to him

justadragon

Bench
Lets think about this for minute, one Mr Hunt has milked this club for well and truly over $5 million, and what do we have to show for it, not much. And more to the point this year it has become more evident that he is less of a game manager than what we all thought he was. So any club that wants to pay over a $1 million a season for a 35 year old halfback that cant game manage then be my guest, knock yourselves out.

BLM01

First Grade
Some pretty strong rumours around that Des has the job. I like it.
Like I said IMO I think this decision was made some time ago, especially with the release of the news Hook applying for his job.. yeh right!.
Just been going through the media and other PR exercise drip feeding the wolves whatever.
Just imagine though if we had won those last 4 but Hook knew it was over regardless.

thebigredv

First Grade
I really miss loyalty.
I really miss the days when the players played more for the love of the game and fierce competition and club rivalry rather than for the size of their wallets and ego.

Hunt owes it to the club to stick it out until his current contract is up. He was bog average under McGregor all those years.
Hunt could be part of a very successful team if the coaching and coordination is there. See qld for example. He outshone grant at hooker.

BLM01

First Grade
How good is your intel
Prior to today i was putting 2 & 2 together and I am convinced the Dragons had made their mind up some weeks ago or thereabouts whoever it was.
For me the decision was easy it had to be Des or Flanno if they were really serious, no need to look furthur, no big circus, but they have played the media well with the drip fed leaks
The way things unfolded, the manly signings for 1, I was convinced Des but no intel.
Today it was leaked as Des through a local Illawarra RL Club who are very close to Haran.
That is as far as it is. If turns out Hook is re-signed or Dean Young dont shoot the messenger. :p

TheRev

Coach
Any of that hunt stuff published has to be literal gibberish, because to say anything different entails telling us that a new coach has been appointed.. which isn't public yet... and as far as the media knows, it hasn't been decided..

I also think the club was intending for Griffin to coach his way through as close as possible to 2024.. but if we were to lose against the Tigers &/or Cowboys.... its a bit of a powderkeg.. there could be an implosion..

TheRev

Coach
Prior to today i was putting 2 & 2 together and I am convinced the Dragons had made their mind up some weeks ago or thereabouts whoever it was.
For me the decision was easy it had to be Des or Flanno if they were really serious, no need to look furthur, no big circus, but they have played the media well with the drip fed leaks
The way things unfolded, the manly signings for 1, I was convinced Des but no intel.
Today it was leaked as Des through a local Illawarra RL Club who are very close to Haran.
That is as far as it is. If turns out Hook is re-signed or Dean Young dont shoot the messenger. :p
There definitely seemed like a shift in Hunts responses to the media a few weeks back.. could be coincidence.. but timing would be about right that we were negotiating and he wasn't too happy with the outcome.. Des prob made it clear about playing hooker also..

Would love to know if that deal is closed though or still being negotiated.. I think the club really want to know their interim policy also, but they don't know how to handle it... if they back Griffin to continue as interim.. and things get even worse.. they look pretty silly.

BLM01

First Grade
There definitely seemed like a shift in Hunts responses to the media a few weeks back.. could be coincidence.. but timing would be about right that we were negotiating and he wasn't too happy with the outcome.. Des prob made it clear about playing hooker also..

Would love to know if that deal is closed though or still being negotiated.. I think the club really want to know their interim policy also, but they don't know how to handle it... if they back Griffin to continue as interim.. and things get even worse.. they look pretty silly.
You cant get any worse than losing games

Latest posts