What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

maestro1

Bench
Looks like another ex-rooster is picking up his post-career payment from appearances on Fox. Mitch Pierce is back in the country 3 minutes and has appeared on the Matty Johns show, NRL 360 and his own episode of Face-to-face. Wouldn't surprise if he ends up a permanent on one of these shows.
We now have Anasta, Cronk, Fletch, Freddy, Sonny Bill, all on Fox or 9, plus regular guest appearances from others. I'm sure this is just one way the roosters are able to pay for their players to play for less during their career.

TheRev

Coach
Without looking it up, how much time was Luc suspended for?
Luc was 0.06. but it wasnt the offence but that he didnt tell the NRL that got him the suspension.. was 2 weeks and we talked it down to 1 iirc.

Trindall blew 0.125 @ 9.45am in the morning.. on a suspended licence, potentially on drugs too (that part is unconfirmed I believe).. thats an impressive night out.. I do wonder who he was partying with.. especially after we were crucified for a team bbq.

Dragon David

First Grade
Luc was 0.06. but it wasnt the offence but that he didnt tell the NRL that got him the suspension.. was 2 weeks and we talked it down to 1 iirc.

Trindall blew 0.125 @ 9.45am in the morning.. on a suspended licence, potentially on drugs too (that part is unconfirmed I believe).. thats an impressive night out.. I do wonder who he was partying with.. especially after we were crucified for a team bbq.
Thanks TheRev. Yes that's right Luc got 2 weeks suspension handed down by the Cowboys for not disclosing that he was charged for low level drink driving. So in the case of Trindall, who did disclose his charge, he might just get suspended for the one week by the Sharks and his charge, which will be heard in court in May, will be a different matter which will probably be a fine and licence suspension for maybe 12 months.

He could be in the team to play against us in a couple of weeks time.

Juniors
Thanks TheRev. Yes that's right Luc got 2 weeks suspension handed down by the Cowboys for not disclosing that he was charged for low level drink driving. So in the case of Trindall, who did disclose his charge, he might just get suspended for the one week by the Sharks and his charge, which will be heard in court in May, will be a different matter which will probably be a fine and licence suspension for maybe 12 months.

Remember when Sailor got suspended for two years for testing positive to coke. How times change.

since77

Juniors
Please don't forget that the BBQ incident was in the middle of the second wave of a pandemic. A lot of apologists for the BBQ thing act like it was no big deal. It was in the middle of a time when I was at work in health care watching patients at a local nursing home dying like flies everyday due to Covid. Fine one day, dead 2 days later. In huge numbers.
The players also had the potential to stop the entire NRL in its tracks if they got infected inside the bubble.
Drongos need to stop acting like the BBQ thing was a minor incident deserving of a slap on the wrist.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
Please don't forget that the BBQ incident was in the middle of the second wave of a pandemic. A lot of apologists for the BBQ thing act like it was no big deal. It was in the middle of a time when I was at work in health care watching patients at a local nursing home dying like flies everyday due to Covid. Fine one day, dead 2 days later. In huge numbers.
The players also had the potential to stop the entire NRL in its tracks if they got infected inside the bubble.
Drongos need to stop acting like the BBQ thing was a minor incident deserving of a slap on the wrist.
100% and Lomax was the cook as he proudly said in the fletch and hindy segment. Players just didnt care and still laugh it off as nothing but thats why Vaughan, Norman, Dufty, Kerr etc are gone and Lomax is going. Debelin, Lawrie and Bird were apart of that aswell so we will see if the same trend follows with them.

Parko1310

Juniors
Why the delay. Money I suppose. Is S'ua being mercenary , if so why as he has already said he is happy here. Accept what is being offered now and if he continues this kinda form he can expect a rise shortly.
He wants to stay, club wants to keep him. We will be fine. He's obviously wanting a little bit more money than we're offering, but he hasn't got a better offer anywhere else by all reports. He will probably wait until origin comes around. If he is selected he can demand more money, which is fine. He has every right to hold off to get the best deal possible for him and his family and not be called a mercenary.

He wants to stay, club wants to keep him. We will be fine. He's obviously wanting a little bit more money than we're offering, but he hasn't got a better offer anywhere else by all reports. He will probably wait until origin comes around. If he is selected he can demand more money, which is fine. He has every right to hold off to get the best deal possible for him and his family and not be called a mercenary.
In the meantime, he doesn't want to do an ACL.

justadragon

Bench

Will be a different scenario if its proved he has taken drugs.

Latest posts