What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
I’d take RCG/Matterson for Bird/Lawrie every day of the week. I hope Lawrie’s days in the 17 are over for 2024
as players right now - sure. that doesn't take into account how both the parra boys are on way more than the dragons boys, are older and closer to decline

redv13

Bench
as players right now - sure. that doesn't take into account how both the parra boys are on way more than the dragons boys, are older and closer to decline
Bird is one knee injury away from retirement and Lawrie, unfortunately the game has gone past him, been very underwhelming this year.

RCG last week played 69 mins and ran for 206m. Not too shabby for an old chap on the decline

Bird is one knee injury away from retirement and Lawrie, unfortunately the game has gone past him, been very underwhelming this year.

RCG last week played 69 mins and ran for 206m. Not too shabby for an old chap on the decline
I kept an eye on RGC last week, mostly because he looked a little tubby around the middle (love handles), but he certainly put in.
He's still signed for 2025 - beyond that, age may become a factor

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
o I dont think there is any way for us to offload Lawrie in Australia.. maybe the UK but i bet they'll pick up bugger all.. I honestly think were going to need to pay out a 2yr contract if we want his Top30 slot back.. its that or we just have to keep him in reserves and lose Fifita, but ideally we lose both.

o The longer Matterson & Sivo stay at parra the better our chances of extracting someone we actually want from them. (i.e. RCG or Blaize)

o And Bird, true 1 injury and he retires but for right now were kinda stuck with him.. but he is depth.. but he does overlap with shuster and he overlaps with Max Feagai.. who I think Flanno wants to retain.. so I just see more players we need to offload.. Bird could be 1 of em..

denis preston

First Grade
o I dont think there is any way for us to offload Lawrie in Australia.. maybe the UK but i bet they'll pick up bugger all.. I honestly think were going to need to pay out a 2yr contract if we want his Top30 slot back.. its that or we just have to keep him in reserves and lose Fifita, but ideally we lose both.

o The longer Matterson & Sivo stay at parra the better our chances of extracting someone we actually want from them. (i.e. RCG or Blaize)

o And Bird, true 1 injury and he retires but for right now were kinda stuck with him.. but he is depth.. but he does overlap with shuster and he overlaps with Max Feagai.. who I think Flanno wants to retain.. so I just see more players we need to offload.. Bird could be 1 of em..
We have enough roadblocks without adding more like Feagai