What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Channel 9 wants to kill off either Sharks, Manly or Titans.

Can't see Manly going and the Titans need to stay in South East Qld ......
so Sharkies it is then!

Of course, l don't want to upset our good friend 'Millers' but if the Dragons were to take in the whole southern Sydney/ South Coast region, with a real coach, we might make a go of it.

merahputih

Juniors
remote.axd
I'm the Dragons' coach and your'e not.

blacksafake

First Grade
Let’s bring back Pat Jarvis too. Look I am not knocking Josh but let me get this straight. If Josh came to us we’d be picking up an old player who has been moved on from the Bulldogs and now, if need be the Sharks are prepared to flick him. I admire Josh and he has surprised me at the Sharks but I don’t see him as a step forward.
Don’t worry Pat still looks as if he’d still be able & speaking to him he reckons 1/2 of them are soft. But a no for me re Josh.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Channel 9 wants to kill off either Sharks, Manly or Titans.

Can't see Manly going and the Titans need to stay in South East Qld ......
so Sharkies it is then!

Of course, l don't want to upset our good friend 'Millers' but if the Dragons were to take in the whole southern Sydney/ South Coast region, with a real coach, we might make a go of it.
Music to my ears and to be honest it is the absolute logical choice. Not a foundation club, bugger all history, tiny recruitment area. Plus Sharks being a marine creature would be a great mascot for a Central Coast team. Gordy actually mentioned Roosters and he made some good points, they have no juniors, low membership and are perennial finals contenders but can't fill a stadium. It will never happen but they deserve it. We did the right thing and merged, now our territory is from the south of Sydney to the South Coast, hopefully soon to be Cronulla also.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think we will struggle to offload Aitken, he looks a bit like Rein to me he is probably just not up to it and I'm not blaming Mary for this to be honest, I imagine that early in his career he didn't need to pass as he got by on his power and speed and was an origin contender despite his well known flaws, and much like Rein was also a contender at one stage my guess is that Mary give them the challenge to go to the next level which seemed to be beyond them. Rein has since played under a number of decent coaches and it is obvious that he has reached his peak which is a solid backup 9 and probably Aitken is the same. Im not sticking up for Mary so don't shoot me down, but despite what you think about Mary there is no way that Mary wouldn't have him working on his passing at training. I just think that he has been patient with him trying to give him a good chance to put it together on game day but it is evident that it may never happen. My thoughts on him playing Aitken now is that he just wants to give him the rest of the year to potentially earn himself a new club as its a lost cause now.

getsmarty

Immortal
Maybe at training he's spot on but can't do in games, I'm not sure but what im saying to cut a long story short is I think he may be a dud.

Then coach should have dropped him ages ago......He certainly hasn't improved his game and from a guy who was a Rep right centre...same position as Aitken...Actually speaks volumes for his ability to progress a player.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Then coach should have dropped him ages ago......He certainly hasn't improved his game and from a guy who was a Rep right centre...same position as Aitken...Actually speaks volumes for his ability to progress a player.
I knew id get a roasting for this one;) Im not sticking up of Mary im saying I doubt he will hurt us like Garrick for example, but I mean in a way I hope he does because he's a human being not a chess piece so I hope he has a good career.

getsmarty

Immortal
I knew id get a roasting for this one;) Im not sticking up of Mary im saying I doubt he will hurt us like Garrick for example, but I mean in a way I hope he does because he's a human being not a chess piece so I hope he has a good career.

Not having a go at you forbes, but He has hurt us...Herbert and Marsters should have been given a shot over the last few years...And Lomax should currently be our Right Centre....aitken continually being played has hurt us....

I would also add, that if he goes to another club with a decent coach, he will more than likely rectify some of Aitken's deficiencies....Agree 100% re he is a Human being etc....Same for McGregor...Fact is he has shown since 2014 he is not the right man for the job.

Dragsters

First Grade
However why did the coach not recognise the problems in the past and drop him or shop him.

That's Paul The Undercoach's problem.

He just fails to recognise what is blatantly obvious to most observers, or he is just too pig-headed to admit a selection mistake, so he keeps picking him regardless.

Neither of these traits are typical of a proficient first grade coach...