What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
He barely played there, I actually don't remember him ever playing there. Im sure things would be different though if he was with Widdop. Even if all he did was get us field position with the odd dart when he got the chance it would have done the job for us.

Correct, Soward rarely played halfback for SGI. However, on those few occasions, he was mostly exceptionally ordinary.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Correct, Soward rarely played halfback for SGI. However, on those few occasions, he was mostly exceptionally ordinary.
Incorrect.
images

Simon

Juniors
Looking at our 26 contracted players so far.....we seem to have reasonable cover for halves, hooker, FB, centres, wing, second row

No job would mean back to 25 players

Centre we need a strike player but we have serious emerging talent for the centres and i suspect Aitken and Lafai will move on half way thru or end of 2020 if no major improvement and we will blood youth in the centres if not tracking for a top8

Graham will no doubt be 50/50 re injuries and so to Korbin most seasons ....so i want a prop/13 asap that can add starch and or first hit up...Kerr, blacker, lawrie are handy but not sold

Ie if JDB is found guilty and or the case is appealed after Feb and is expected to go on all year which it can easily do..... we would have to have provisions discussed with the NRL. Both the Dragons and NRL would have this sorted given minimal heat wanted in the media.

If either of the above scenarios happen we can go hard with the JDB $550k pa available and potentially another $400 to $600k pa plus still sitting free for the remaining 4 spots in our top 30

Nathan Brown parra, 27 yrs of age in March and exactly the ball runner we need on 1st or 4th hit up. Parra jave gone all out with their cap and trying to peak for 2020. Guessing he is now worth $600k pa and good value?

Liam knight similar and a strong trajectory he is on.

Other extreme ie minimal cost sokutions for depth ie Hame Sale would be cheap but not convinced at all he will do a Nathan Brown and leapfrog at 22/23ish into a serious FG middle player.....Kyle Rodwell or Tom Amone similar but will want opportunity with Arrow joining asap and couod be great value if we get in for 2021 and can obtain a release for 2020 with a bit paid already by south's

We've got 27 signed if you include JDB.

I actually disagree in regards to the halves. I think one spot needs to be for a backup here. With Hunt a certainty for Origin and potential for injuries I'm not sure we have anyone who can step up for Hunt or Norman. Sailor is a potential but unproven in the halves, I suspect Clune will be upgraded for the 28th spot shortly.

Looking at the Dragons website, they also have Hayden Lomax listed on the NRL players profile page. He may be number 29. I don't know anything but no other development player is listed here.

The 30th position doesn't need to be filled to June 30, so I can see this spot being held over.

The JDB case is interesting. Given that by the time we find out if he's guilty or innocent 4 months salary would have been paid. If guilty, his contract will be terminated but will we get the full salary exempt or just the part not paid. It'll make a big difference to the quality we may be able to attract.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Not sure how it disproves the point that Soward was usually terrible playing halfback for Saints.

Muzby will come up with a subjective reply though.
Soward, singlehandedly knocking over the reigning premiers..

At 7..

That’s factual, not subjective.

Plus, I love the colour scheme he’s rocking..

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Looking at our 26 contracted players so far.....we seem to have reasonable cover for halves, hooker, FB, centres, wing, second row

No job would mean back to 25 players

Centre we need a strike player but we have serious emerging talent for the centres and i suspect Aitken and Lafai will move on half way thru or end of 2020 if no major improvement and we will blood youth in the centres if not tracking for a top8

Graham will no doubt be 50/50 re injuries and so to Korbin most seasons ....so i want a prop/13 asap that can add starch and or first hit up...Kerr, blacker, lawrie are handy but not sold

Ie if JDB is found guilty and or the case is appealed after Feb and is expected to go on all year which it can easily do..... we would have to have provisions discussed with the NRL. Both the Dragons and NRL would have this sorted given minimal heat wanted in the media.

If either of the above scenarios happen we can go hard with the JDB $550k pa available and potentially another $400 to $600k pa plus still sitting free for the remaining 4 spots in our top 30

Nathan Brown parra, 27 yrs of age in March and exactly the ball runner we need on 1st or 4th hit up. Parra jave gone all out with their cap and trying to peak for 2020. Guessing he is now worth $600k pa and good value?

Liam knight similar and a strong trajectory he is on.

Other extreme ie minimal cost sokutions for depth ie Hame Sale would be cheap but not convinced at all he will do a Nathan Brown and leapfrog at 22/23ish into a serious FG middle player.....Kyle Rodwell or Tom Amone similar but will want opportunity with Arrow joining asap and couod be great value if we get in for 2021 and can obtain a release for 2020 with a bit paid already by south's

We have 27 contracted players atm.

BLM01

First Grade
I was just talking to a mate about Supercoach and he told me that Tedesco has in fact done a pec. I heard it first on this forum. I think Crush mentioned it first.
Well whoever told you that rhe words "don't believe everything you are told from an unreliable source" spring to mind

Reactions: jak

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Soward, singlehandedly knocking over the reigning premiers..

At 7..

That’s factual, not subjective.

Plus, I love the colour scheme he’s rocking..

It’s also just one game.

You have trouble catching onto plural versus singular, huh?

That’s not subjective BTW, it’s objective.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
It’s also just one game.

You have trouble catching onto plural versus singular, huh?

That’s not subjective BTW, it’s objective.

My memory of Soward is fading fast but I seem to recall that he was infected with the deadly virus that bedevils a lot of quick SGI backs ie the turnstile defence virus.