What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

RedVDave

First Grade
There was a tiny column in todays paper that said Lomax stated his current form was thanks to Flannigan, Shepherd & Young. No mention of Mary let's hope history repeats after Parramatta beat us Mary is sacked IMO regardless he won't stay past this season, not so much a rumour more wishful thinking.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
There was a tiny column in todays paper that said Lomax stated his current form was thanks to Flannigan, Shepherd & Young. No mention of Mary let's hope history repeats after Parramatta beat us Mary is sacked IMO regardless he won't stay past this season, not so much a rumour more wishful thinking.
He won’t stay past this season for sure. They just want to minimise the financial pain. Don’t blame them either. It would feel good but this seasons gone, sacking him now is just an emotional decision. It won’t get us in the finals and there isn’t really a viable alternative coach available. I’m glad Brown is out of the equation though. Our best bet is that Flanno becomes available early or we can try to poach Wane early but I think he wants to honour his England deal. Hopefully all the clubs without coaches sign up all the average ones on 3 year deals to take them off the market.

RedVDave

First Grade
He won’t stay past this season for sure. They just want to minimise the financial pain. Don’t blame them either. It would feel good but this seasons gone, sacking him now is just an emotional decision. It won’t get us in the finals and there isn’t really a viable alternative coach available. I’m glad Brown is out of the equation though. Our best bet is that Flanno becomes available early or we can try to poach Wane early but I think he wants to honour his England deal. Hopefully all the clubs without coaches sign up all the average ones on 3 year deals to take them off the market.

I completely agree with all of this in a way I kind of hope they don't sack him this season because then Young will get promoted and if he were to win the majority of the remaining games ...well I fear history would repeat.

Dragon David

First Grade
Are we any chance of securing any players for next year? Many other clubs are getting new players transferred to their clubs and we seem to be doing nothing. I read that the Knights have signed a 1900cm centre "freak" from the Super League and Ryan James is joining the Raiders next year etc.

By the time Millward starts negotiating, all of the better ones will no longer be available and we end up with the dead wood as per usual, meaning same poor results for 2021 and beyond.

George Dragon

Juniors
Are we any chance of securing any players for next year? Many other clubs are getting new players transferred to their clubs and we seem to be doing nothing. I read that the Knights have signed a 1900cm centre "freak" from the Super League and Ryan James is joining the Raiders next year etc.

By the time Millward starts negotiating, all of the better ones will no longer be available and we end up with the dead wood as per usual, meaning same poor results for 2021 and beyond.
Milward, we would really like to have you at the club next year.
Decent FGer, what coach will I be playing under.
Milward, .........
Decent FGer, yeah I'm gunna need a million a year.
Milward, ......
Milward doesn't sign him
All fans, Milward is useless.
Milward signs for overs.

Dragon David

First Grade
Milward, .........
Milward, ......
Milward doesn't sign him
Milward signs for overs.
Haha! Unfortunately that's the way things will play out for us George Dragon.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Milward, .........
Milward, ......
Milward doesn't sign him
Milward signs for overs.
Yeah unfortunately this this is true. I wish, and I guess everyone on our staff including Mary and Millward probably wishes they had went with Clune or Sailor over Norman now though. I would pay overs for someone like Burton as I reckon he would have a Ponga like effect on us in helping us to bring other players but not Norman.
If they are going down the "Barrett Clause" route then I wish they would announce it so we can get some players. Now is the time, we have once again shown even at near full strength we cant beat teams missing half their teams. We won't win a GF under Mary its well and truly time to move on.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think the players are doing their part to get Mary sacked for sure. They play bad and when they do something good refer to Flannagan as the reason why. He must really be hating this and if Mary does not leave he is a bigger idiot than we all know and purely their for the money and nothing else.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Milward, .........
Milward, ......
Milward doesn't sign him
Milward signs for overs.
Touché

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Mmmmm, the guy has talent and is a big unit, but hasn't he done 2 ACL's?

Due diligence i hope has been applied here.

Gave an embarrassed laugh when confronted with the the news that he'd done a 3 year deal with the Dragons on NRL 360 tonight so I reckon the rumour is on the money- is a smart guy with a couple of degrees- but then again he's a prop and we're not signing him for his brains.

An honest disciplined toiler as you would expect from the Storm system but he's not the bulky bulldozing runner in the Papalii mould I think we really need. The ACL injuries put him in the avoid category for mine.