What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Maddragon99

Juniors
Bulldogs lock up Panthers hard man, Titans extend young gun: Transfer Centre
NRL PREMIERSHIP

• October 14, 2020 2:38pm
  • by MARK ST JOHN AND DARCIE MCDONALD
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
ab52d812252c87587997856b95b82722

Jack Hetherington will link with the Bulldogs in 2021.Source: AAP
The Bulldogs have continued their signing spree by poaching Panthers and Warriors loan star Jack Hetherington on a two-year deal from 2021.

“The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have continued the process of creating a new look squad for season 2021 with the signing of the highly-rated Jack Hetherington on a two-year deal,” the club announced in a statement.

“24 year-old Hetherington is seen as one of the toughest front-rowers in the game, having made his debut for the Panthers in 2018, before going on loan to the Warriors last season and playing in six matches.

Stream the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership finals series live & on-demand from overseas on Watch NRL. Grab your finals pass now!

“Renowned for his strong defence, Hetherington has a strong family history in the game with his father being former Canberra Raiders and North Queensland forward Brett Hetherington, while he is also the nephew of former star Raiders fullback Brett Mullins.

“Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill was pleased that Hetherington had liked what the Bulldogs were building at Belmore.

“Having someone of Jack’s ability want to be part of what we are building at Belmore is fantastic news for our Members and fans.

MORE NRL NEWS

TALE OF TWO HOOKERS: How Koroisau stacks up in epic NSW No.9 showdown

‘HE DESERVES IT’: Freddy reveals Walker is in box seat to land NSW No.6 jersey

‘A LOT OF DRINKING’: Harawira-Naera opens up on dark days following sex scandal

“Jack is a quality young player who will add a great deal of starch to our forward pack and we believe that he will continue to develop under Head Coach Trent Barrett, who he has worked with in recent seasons.

“We are continuing to build out the depth in our squad and we believe that Jack will be a real compliment to the group of forwards that we have.”

Meanwhile the Titans have confirmed the re-signing of playmaker Tanah Boyd until 2022.

“Rising star Tanah Boyd has committed to Titans until the end of 2022, with the 20-year-old extending his contract on the Gold Coast by a further season,” the club said in a statement.

“After making his NRL debut in 2019, Boyd played 13 games for the Titans in season 2020, providing spark off the interchange bench.

9e3a69111c64ed16df87c93560234df2

Tanah Boyd will stay at the Titans until at least the end of 2022.Source: Getty Images
“Boyd has played for the Australian schoolboys and last season was selected in the Queensland under-20’s side alongside incoming Titan Tino Fa’asuamaleaui.

“The Runaway Bay Seagulls junior will also be joined at the Titans next season by his former schoolmate from Keebra Park, David Fifita, with the two keen to reignite their junior combination.

“Titans Coach Justin Holbrook says Boyd is an important player in the Titans future and he’s excited to work with him over the coming seasons.

“I think it is a really smart decision from our Club to extend Tanah,” Holbrook said.

“He’s 20-years-old and I’ve blooded him slowly into first grade and he’s done a really good job.

“Over the next couple of years, I expect him to really improve a lot and he wants to push for the halves starting position which he will do his best for and we’re confident he can get there.

“It’s great that he is locked in for a couple of years now with us.”

Maddragon99

Juniors
We need forwards.Big mobile offloading tackling forwards.Priority to their recruitment should be number one on the agenda.No iffs and no butts.
We need forwards.BIG FORWARDS.:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

NRL signing news: Dragons sign Sydney Roosters prop Poasa Faamausili

ec47cf912db6c988a7ef3145d112b5ad

Poasa Faamausili had two years to run on his Roosters contract. Picture: AAP/Dave Hunt
Anthony Griffin’s first signing at St George Illawarra.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Word is we've gone cold on Maguire, Bird and Ofahengaue and we're going to see what unfolds in the next few months.

I guess those urging patience and saying we could encourage players to leave their current clubs have been shown to be in tune with Hook's thinking.

redv13

Bench
Word is we've gone cold on Maguire, Bird and Ofahengaue and we're going to see what unfolds in the next few months.

I guess those urging patience and saying we could encourage players to leave their current clubs have been shown to be in tune with Hook's thinking.
I’m still keen on Joe, he just needs a change of scenery. Hope we get him. I’m not overly fussed with McGuire either way. Don’t want Bird at all

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I’m still keen on Joe, he just needs a change of scenery. Hope we get him. I’m not overly fussed with McGuire either way. Don’t want Bird at all

I think Joe is still a big target. Wouldn't surprise if another Broncos forward is on our radar as well, hence the rumour we are asking.the Cows to chip in around 50% of his contract.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Channel 7 and Triple M reporting that Dragons have signed Jack Bird on a 2 yr deal - Ofahengaue set to sign on a 3 year deal and Dragons still in negotiations with McGuire

Latest posts