What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Hoppa mmmm, I would say a pretty astute purchase if so.
Need to think why here.

Well, with Dufty moving on, and it Sloan being the favoured replacement, we would have a pretty young and inexperienced backline for next year. Hoppa would just be a great back-up for fullback.

If Sloan gets injured, Hoppa would be the 'safe" option to fill in. I don't see Ramsey as ever being in our #1 jersey for more than a game or 2 imo. There really is no other 'experienced' fullback for coverage. Can also play centre and a good defender.

So basically Hoppa is insurance and at 29 and several younger players arriving at the Dogs it would be a good time to get him now with some freight paid by the Dogs.

Como Connection

First Grade
Hoppa mmmm, I would say a pretty astute purchase if so.
Need to think why here.

Well, with Dufty moving on, and it Sloan being the favoured replacement, we would have a pretty young and inexperienced backline for next year. Hoppa would just be a great back-up for fullback.

If Sloan gets injured, Hoppa would be the 'safe" option to fill in. I don't see Ramsey as ever being in our #1 jersey for more than a game or 2 imo. There really is no other 'experienced' fullback for coverage. Can also play centre and a good defender.

So basically Hoppa is insurance and at 29 and several younger players arriving at the Dogs it would be a good time to get him now with some freight paid by the Dogs.
I reckon Beale can do that job.
CC

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

i think it is a smart move.....at the right price and may allow us to let Duff move on now and have a chance with another club. Hopa can cover FB and centre which will be handy next season as Ramsey and Sloane develop bit by bit

thebigredv

First Grade
When he came on the scene he was the hottest prospect in the NRL then I remember he went on a Mormon service and was never as good when he came back. If he comes cheap and is there to bolster the inexperienced players that should get a lot of game time this year and next I can understand it. I can't say I see us challenging for a premiership next season though but I like the rumoured forwards signings.

Give us more of Feagais and Sloan now please. Let's see what we are working with.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
When he came on the scene he was the hottest prospect in the NRL then I remember he went on a Mormon service and was never as good when he came back. If he comes cheap and is there to bolster the inexperienced players that should get a lot of game time this year and next I can understand it. I can't say I see us challenging for a premiership next season though but I like the rumoured forwards signings.

Give us more of Feagais and Sloan now please. Let's see what we are working with.
We could win it this year if we play our cards right and a few more Penrith, Melbourne, Roosters and Manly players get injured.

dragon thomo

Juniors
No for me for Hoppa. I would rather Mbye as he can also goal kick a bit.
Peachy or Mbye would be good utility back up. Ferguson would also be a good backup with experience at the right price.

Dragon David

First Grade
I can hardly walk at the moment, I am having a massive flare up of Rheumatoid Arthritis, me just turning up at work loaded with anti inflammatories is a marathon in itself. If I can push through that the boys will get the win.
This arthritis sucks doesn't it FCD. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid and I also have Osteo and in winter they do flare up. I've had a bad knee for a month but is coming good. All for the sake of getting older unfortunately.

Having our guys win though eases the pain. Good luck with yours.

Cheers. DD

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
This arthritis sucks doesn't it FCD. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid and I also have Osteo and in winter they do flare up. I've had a bad knee for a month but is coming good. All for the sake of getting older unfortunately.

Cheers. DD
Yeah it sure is a bastard of a disease, I got it when I was 27. Alcoholism helps I find.

Como Connection

First Grade

Cheers. DD
I have bursitis in my left hip from walking too far in the USA in 2015, aches during the night.
CC

boardlumps62

Juniors
Just been riding the bike early did some stretches and think I might have pulled a calfy hanging out the clothes get old sucks.
Has anyone heard of gluten free diet for artha got it the knees?
Hoppa can preach the good book to the youngsters.

Dragon David

First Grade
Just been riding the bike early did some stretches and think I might have pulled a calfy hanging out the clothes get old sucks.
Has anyone heard of gluten free diet for artha got it the knees?
Hoppa can preach the good book to the youngsters.
I was given Methotrexate to take for Rheumatoid arthritis and it helped a lot. My Doc said to take Glucosamine 1000 for the knee which I am taking and is helping.

Arthritis is caused by too much inflammation so need to reduce consumption of white bread, white rice, pasta and the following -

You can influence inflammation by eating anti-inflammatory foods, such as leafy greens and colorful vegetables, and avoiding these 7 inflammatory foods:
  • Processed foods. ...
  • Omega-6 fatty acids. ...
  • Sugar and certain sugar alternatives. ...
  • Red meat and fried foods. ...
  • Refined carbohydrates. ...
  • Cheese and high-fat dairy. ...
  • Alcohol.
Hopefully this will help.

mickeylane

Bench
Hoppa has been ordinary for 2 years
Just because he plays well against us doesn't make him any good
He's actually a good character unlike the remaining Hoppa family, he is talented and bogged down in the Bulldogs losing environment - for f**ks sake Cotric who was a world-beater last year and seasons prior at the Raiders looks very pedestrian at the Dogs...would rather Hoppa than Mbye a very similar type of player we were chasing..t

Latest posts