What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

thebigredv

First Grade
Some would say we dodged a bullet given it was 4 years needed to land him. That is arguable but what isn't is our lack of real pull. We've saved a bundle on Bird and McGuire, surely we could have beaten the Sharks to his signature if we had decided it was a player we need. Still can't pull off the very public Mbye deal (just as well)... It goes on.

Compare us with the Roosters with Politis and it is little wonder the yawning gap that has happened between those two clubs in the last decade.

BLM01

First Grade
I’m disappointed but I didn’t get my hopes up - I honestly don’t know who we will go after
Dont worry. Plenty on here said he was not worth it and will be starting to get too old for the money.
I think a 4 year deal from them clinched it. Most others offered 3.
There will be plenty more coming up looking into the future into next year.
We will have plenty of $$$$ to spend next year when all our remaining current deadwood will be culled.
Good luck to the Sharks but they have now exhausted their spending for a few years. They have 4 good props for next year + Tolman and a good pack.
I still think their back 5 depth and quality will be tested.
But they should hit the ground running or else.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Geez I’m sure Cam McGiness is feeling somewhat confused being told he’ll play lock at the Sharks.
He might be sharing roles with Dale Funuciane.
Dale can play prop. Not much difference depending on how the team is structured.

Besides with how Brailey is going I won't be surprised to see McInnes at 9, Dale at 13 and Brailey at 14. McInnes plays about 30 at hooker the rest at lock when Brailey comes on. Dale goes to prop/rested. Or something like that.

Either way A++ recruitment for next year

Tiger Shark

Bench
Dont worry. Plenty on here said he was not worth it and will be starting to get too old for the money.
I think a 4 year deal from them clinched it. Most others offered 3.
There will be plenty more coming up looking into the future into next year.
We will have plenty of $$$$ to spend next year when a lot of our deadwood will be culled.
Good luck to the Sharks but they have now exhausted their spending for a few years. They have 4 good props for next year + Tolman and a good pack.
I still think their back 5 depth and quality will be tested.
But they should hit the ground running or else.
We have far from exhausted our spending for a few years. Still got money left over for next year and we have Graham and Fifita both off next year - that's about 1.6m right there.

St Tangles

Bench
Dale can play prop. Not much difference depending on how the team is structured.

Besides with how Brailey is going I won't be surprised to see McInnes at 9, Dale at 13 and Brailey at 14. McInnes plays about 30 at hooker the rest at lock when Brailey comes on. Dale goes to prop/rested. Or something like that.

Either way A++ recruitment for next year
That's how I see it working
Get Brailey on after the initial 20mins

BLM01

First Grade
We have far from exhausted our spending for a few years. Still got money left over for next year and we have Graham and Fifita both off next year - that's about 1.6m right there.
Dont forget your upgrades from this year with pay increases from next year
Kennedy, Rudolf, Talakai? and Treacy

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Not surprised about Finucane signing with the Sharks, especially a 4yr deal (which imo is a tad too much) and having a 'mate' as coach.

I believe the Burgess signing is done, or very close to being done.

Missing out on Finucane also strengthens the need to re-sign Fuimaono, imo.

I'm not sure we will "chase" anyone else, and i don't believe Klemmer fits our style of play (future style). What I would like to see is Coric moved to the top 30 for next year. Exciting young lock/prop.

Crush

Coach
Disagree. Top 8 yeh maybe
Their weakness is depth in the forwards and centres / wingers
If they stay injury free I can see Top 8
They wil be no better than the current Top 6
How do we even know if Fitzgibbon can coach on his own
There will be some improvers out of the pack below the 8 as well
You can go back to your Sharks forum now..we all know now your love for them :)
Funicane……

thebigredv

First Grade
we were at the line with Cronulla. The 4 years clinched it. And I am happy about that as 3 years max was it. Anything more was not worth it. Good player and clubman but not what we really needed for 4 years

They'll want a premiership in the next two/three years. I think that is how they are approaching it. All or nothing. If they don't pull it off they will really be hurting come 2025.