What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

FMD News limited are a bunch of c***s.. what a cheap trashy sensationalist headline to use...unsurprising as it is from them.

Any time any of their publications or employees (ie Fox) try and paint themselves as advocates for "mental health" I just scoff. Couldn't be more hypocritical.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
We can’t complete with the powerhouse clubs like the Roosters or Storm so all we have is passion in the jersey to equal the playing field. 2009 & 2010 was a combination of passion focused by an elite coach.
Agree, but arguably a bit of a straw man answer to the question. So then if we were running second in the comp and the behaviour occurred then it wouldn’t be Hook’s fault?

Maddragon99

Juniors
Agree, but arguably a bit of a straw man answer to the question. So then if we were running second in the comp and the behaviour occurred then it wouldn’t be Hook’s fault?
If Hook had the playing group & we were running second then the BBQ wouldn’t have happened

BLM01

First Grade
Of course Hook knew nothing about what happened or was going to happen at Vaughan's place. You don't have to be Einstein to work that out. But i think what the so called "doomsayers" are commenting on, is the fact that Hook spoke, and the playing group completely ignored him.

I'll ask you a question...

Does the fact that Hook specifically asked the group not to get together and get on the drink, and they chose to completely ignore him, show a lack of respect from the players towards the coach...yes or no ?
You are going off track, my reference was all about him saying Zac was happy but to many, that means the opposite 😉 as we are told the players are not exactly been honest with the coach..in recent times as reported

BLM01

First Grade
The BBQ happened under Griffin’s watch which clearly shows a lack of respect in the coach & the jersey. Remember the playing group was clearly told to keep out of trouble on the bye weekend.

I watched the 2010 grand final again recently to cheer myself up, remember Dean Young kissing his jersey after he scored? Is there a player in our current team that would do the same? I don’t think so.
Thanks scoop
You don’t sound to cheery 😁

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
In my opinion, the whole BBQ debacle is a direct reflection of the last 8-9 years of leadership in the club, and the direction they have chosen to go.
Take the head coach going DUI as a prime example, as well as the recruitment of players that were outed by their former clubs for disciplinary issues or poor attitude (Norman and Dugan for example). Add to that, losing strong locker room characters and leaders such as Creagh, Morris, Frizzell, Nightingale etc.
Now you have a guy like Griffin come in with strong discipline values and with a view to improve the culture of the club. Of course there is going to be friction. I think the club is heading in the right direction now. They've f**ked off the bad eggs and they're looking to rebuild

Gareth67

First Grade
FMD News limited are a bunch of c***s.. what a cheap trashy sensationalist headline to use...unsurprising as it is from them.

Any time any of their publications or employees (ie Fox) try and paint themselves as advocates for "mental health" I just scoff. Couldn't be more hypocritical.

Ever so right - give the bastards both barrels Johnny , they deserve it . ☺️

George Burgess is officially in Australia quarantining - his signing will be announced at the end of his period next week

Cheers Big Rig..

Speaking of Big Rigs…

images

thebigredv

First Grade
Just read that Tesi Niu is leaving the Broncos

Would anyone consider him a potential target

His got some real talent

Niu really is a player on the up. Reckon we can find a place for him in our team.

If we want to replace some of the speed lost in Dufty.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Where do you play him.. and who do your drop for him
Sloan. Lomax, Sullivan, Amone, Rav, Hunt
He won’t come to play 14 and he is not a winger
I do get your point but really this season has proved how much we need depth and speed. I do like to think AMone, Feagais, Sloan will all make it but right now Niu is available and not coming at an inflated price. Get some competition for spots - that's healthy.
He offers a lot of possibilities as a winger, centre or cover for Sloan. As he will develop he can also be a go'er for that utility role.

Look at the amount of injuries and suspension a club can go through. If the money is right and we can offer him a starting position at centre or wing he'd be an improvement on Ramsey or Beale