What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Mojo

Bench
your spot on mate,the game is not a game anymore.
I recall saying to my wife back in the eighties that Murdoch and money would have this effect on this great game. I also recall saying that Saints supporters would never tolerate it. We still struggle with it but the fact is that we just don't count for much in the scheme of things. It's simply a form of entertainment now. There are many brilliant athletes earning big money and it's a much more skilled 'art' these days. The tribal, communal and cultural ethos that was the heart and soul of rugby league when I was boy is virtually dead, unfortunately. There's pros and cons but it's very hard not to feel a sense of loss.

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
Rumour is that Manly running out of patience with SAAB and he looks like getting dropped. Chalk & cheese 2021 to 2022 and with Turbo not firing is showing SAAB's deficiencies. On the Manly forum they say his defence , getting pushed back on kick returns , retrieving low kicks & he might be one of the fastest players in the game but it takes him 20 metres to reach it. So for all those that bagged the Dragons ( who couldn't really do anything about him leaving really ) it is interesting that time is the real adjudicator on how things are.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Rumour is that Manly running out of patience with SAAB and he looks like getting dropped. Chalk & cheese 2021 to 2022 and with Turbo not firing is showing SAAB's deficiencies. On the Manly forum they say his defence , getting pushed back on kick returns , retrieving low kicks & he might be one of the fastest players in the game but it takes him 20 metres to reach it. So for all those that bagged the Dragons ( who couldn't really do anything about him leaving really ) it is interesting that time is the real adjudicator on how things are.
it is, and there are a few others that fit into that category Denis, that haven’t been overly successful at other clubs despite the shouts at our recruitment for letting let them go…

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench

It was the travel denis.

With all the effort put in to breaking the contract, which I think didn't reflect well on him, should have gone hell for leather to show that the Dragons decision was incorrect to let him go.

Ditto with the Duff man, they both have talent to burn.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
what about angus crighton ? should we be having a go for him
I think the Dragons have tried to sign Crichton a couple of times and gotten nowhere each time. If the Roosters want him, they keep him, and so far they have wanted him. There is usually talk of him heading back to union, but Uncle Nick seems to be able to miraculously squeeze him in under their salary cap

dungay dragon

Juniors
I think the Dragons have tried to sign Crichton a couple of times and gotten nowhere each time. If the Roosters want him, they keep him, and so far they have wanted him. There is usually talk of him heading back to union, but Uncle Nick seems to be able to miraculously squeeze him in under their salary cap
Crichton has plenty of talent ,when on, but watching him last week , did little to enthuse...defence was poor...
would be wanting plenty to leave the chooks.. no value at the price
Lodge..hearing Manly..possibly..has recently purchased property on the peninsula...

dungay dragon

Juniors
Would love to see a Flanno - Barrett combo at the Dragons ..
Flanno ticks all the boxes and can draw the better players to the Club instead of the nomads .
From all reports Baz is an excellent Assistant and has Dragon DNA .
Might have to move quickly , as the Dogs are likely to pounce if they cant land Fittler or Ciraldo ..

getsmarty

Immortal

Excellent summation @denis preston

BLM01

First Grade
When you say dropped?. He has not been in the side the past few weeks.

Rod Coil

Juniors
Dont know. Dont think so. Good players dont automatically make good junior development people.
Barrett seems likes he flourishes as an assistant but Yes he is good bloke and probably gets on well with players...but
Dealing with sub 18 age players is totally different beast than seniors
Dont know enough about our development group but the proof will be there in time but I am not sure Shaun Timmo is the right person for us either
Is Kyle Stanley the right person?, some certainly think so.
Let me answer this question blm01 on KS - No. As in definitely No Idea. I defy anyone to prove otherwise.

Latest posts